cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if you exeed data limit $50. plan

HuronBob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I purchased the $50. plan and got to the limit on the data will I get overage charges or will I be able to buy extra data?

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HuronBob wrote:

Thanks everyone,   I think I've got it now.

As often happens, people will add something to threads. Like this 🙂

By default, threads are subscribed to when someone posts in it and also by default the notification of this will be sent to that person each time the thread changes.

You can choose to turn that off in your settings. Or by unsubscribing from the thread.

subscribe.jpg

HuronBob

Thanks everyone,   I think I've got it now.

@Joelkim Data stops working when you run out. You didn't have to stop it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddebow 

The notifications are at 75% and 95%. The data just stops at 100%. Consider that your notification.

@Joelkim wrote:

I've stopped my data which is a $15 plan over the certain mb or gb. so no charge extra bucks. 

You don't need to do anything with your data...it will just stop on its own. There are no overage charges here.

Joelkim

I've stopped my data which is a $15 plan over the certain mb or gb. so no charge extra bucks. 

ddebow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

data stops, u get a message saying u are @ 100%

u can still use wifi for data

u can do a 15$ top up for 1gb extra

You can purchase additional data but cost per GB is always higher than your plans cost per GB

If frequently going over its better to change your plan

@HuronBob if you find that you are running out of data on the $50 plan. Look at the Telus peace of mind plans. Thers a $80 20 gig data plan Which is gets throttled to unlimited 512 kbts when you run out of data. Stay safe. 

HuronBob

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HuronBob 

You data will stop after using all your plan data before the end of your current 30 days cycle.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@HuronBob 

Your data will just stop working.  No overages with Public Mobile. 

You could buy a 1 GB data add on for $15.  Unused data rolls over.  Another option is to renew the plan earlier, but you will need to contact moderator.  Or you could switch immediatley to the $40 plan for 5 GB.  PM does not pro-rate plans though.  

Need Help? Let's chat.