cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the 100gb plan????

Photograthie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was literally just about to switch over last night to the $50 100gb data plan, waited until this afternoon, and now it is gone, replaced by some hugely lesser $44 plan with only 80gb.

I have been a public mobile subscriber now for many years. I do not understand how these plan changes coincidentally occurred suddenly overnight, it is very peculiar, but is there any way I can still connect with the plan I would have preferred to utilize this month?? I am about to run out of data, and need to make a decision.

If I cannot get the amount of data I would prefer, I may finally have to switch to an alternative company, because these lesser plan options are just inappropriate and disappointing.

12 REPLIES 12

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Photograthie wrote:

Well, I guess it turns out this new $44 80gb plan IS actually US/Canada data after all, so I will probably just switch to that for now. Thanks everyone for the responses!

Another option would be keeping the $40/75 (or the $44/80 if you choose) as your main line, and have a new, second line to tide you over when you run out of data before plan cycle end. Yes, obvously one plan at a higher limit would be nice, but until that comes back around...

Photograthie

Well, I guess it turns out this new $44 80gb plan IS actually US/Canada data after all, so I will probably just switch to that for now. Thanks everyone for the responses!

Photograthie

Photograthie

Thank you. While this doesn't help me in the present, it is the appropriate solution.

Photograthie

I travel back and forth to the states, so upgrading to that plan was going to be very ideal. I am currently on the $40 plan for 75gb US/Canada. If I switch to any of these other plans, none of them now offer the same US/Canada data, which is absolutely awful thing to remove. Because I've used all the data I can't even rotate to another plan (even if it was less data) that would offer the same option because they seem to no longer exists. US/Canada data should not be some kind of temoorary promotional "feature" but a staple of all the higher end plans.

Photograthie

Yes, I need that much data. Probably more if I had a choice to pay more for it. I travel back and forth to the states, so upgrading to that plan was going to be very ideal I am currently on the $40 plan for 75gb US/Canada. If I switch to any of these other plans, none of them now offer the same US/Canada data, which is absolutely awful thing to remove. Because I've used all the data I can't even rotate to another plan (even if it was less data) that would offer the same option because they seem to no longer exists. US/Canada data should not be some kind of temoorary promotional "feature" but a staple of all the higher end plans.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Plans at PM are very dynamic!!! They always come with new and remove old plans.

If you like some plan you should get it NOW or it will be gone tomorrow. PM had perfect $15 no data, unlimited calls/sms plan for OLD customers. It was available for the short period of time. Now it is gone 😪

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For future reference / as a reminder: if you see a plan you like, schedule a plan change for next renewal asap.  This way it'll be yours even if it's no longer available as an in-market plan. You can cancel or change the scheduled plan change any time before renewal night.

@slusagm   The $39 for 80GB unlimited is a good one but it's not Canada-US of course so depends how important that aspect is.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you missed the boat.. but you really need that much data?

take the $6 saving and use a bit less 🙂

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Photograthie   Many of the plans, including that one I think, had an offer expiry date shown as 25th July, so too bad you didn't make the change yesterday instead of waiting.  Best to grab something you want while you can.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Photograthie , there were a lot of plan changes made today.  I think it will make a come back.  Back to school is just around the corner and deals usually happen around that time.  Back to school is set up for black Friday and boxing day.

Need Help? Let's chat.