cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

. What do I need to do to update my sim card?

Junpicazo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have new sim card . I try to update my sim card but it's not doing it . What do I need  to do to update my sim card?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Junpicazo wrote:

I have new sim card . I try to update my sim card but it's not doing it . What do I need  to do to update my sim card?

You have been a community member for some time @Junpicazo .

If you have been in nonpay/suspended status for over 90 days or ported out your public number to another provider than either these cases would close your account here with public, so you could not perform a SIM swap on a closed account.

Otherwise, see @softech post to SIM swap.

If for some reason you cannot log into your account, or have never created one before, you may submit a ticket to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA) here: Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Junpicazo   make sure you do not go to the activate site to change sim, many made that mistake

Instead, you will need to change sim card from your My Account, profile page.

And remember to reboot your phone , once or twice, after you submitted your change sim card request

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Junpicazo   Please only do this on a desktop or laptop, it is confirmed that there is a problem if you try to change sim on a mobile phone

Login to My Account , then click on Quick Link on the top right, select Change SIM card , then enter the new sim card number and follow the steps

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Junpicazo 

You'll have to login to your account using a browser in incognito or private mode first.

Then you can do a sim card change from inside your account.

Try to do it on a computer or laptop instead of your mobile phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.