cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Western Canada Network Outage, August 19, 2024

For discussion about network issues in Western Canada that started on August 19, 2024, please continue the conversation in this thread.

236 REPLIES 236

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes, it is usually easier to just message support

please let us know what PM says about the problem

Sully1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Couldn't open a ticket for some reason, but was able to text CS-Agent. Screenshot_20240819-085751_Chrome.jpg

Saffire0

It's not just your issue. I'm having the same problem and so is my husband, who is currently at work in a different city. 

hollyhowes

Thank you! I just sent a message through the link you provided. I appreciate having that handy!

Saffire0

I have. My husband also can't call out so it's not just a "me" issue. 

slusagm

@Sully1 @hollyhowes 

please open ticket with PM so they are aware and hopefully fix it quicker

hollyhowes

Same issue for me. Calls are coming in, but I can't make calls out. Will continue to follow and post an update if I receive new information. 

Sully1

We have two phones and neither can dial out or receive calls. Outbound drops immediately and inbound callers get busy signal. 

SMS and data are working fine.

Ttran0109

Thank you!

I sent a  message using the link you sent.

slusagm

there are at least 2 posts today about voice problem.  But for them, they can receive call just not able to make the calls.

I think you tried everything you can.  So, please ask PM to help.   Open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ttran0109

PLEASE HELP

I cannot make phone calls but still can send/receive text messages.

I put my SIM card in my husband's phone and it still cannot make call or receive call.

I put my husband's SIM card in my phone and the phone is working.

I reset network setting on my phone and it still does not work.  My account is good. 

Can you please check if my number is working ?

Thanks

slusagm

@Saffire0 

open ticket with PM as well so they are aware 

Saffire0

Mine is doing the same this morning. Must be some kind of outage.

@Kittycat3 

@Kittycat3 wrote:

Yes I  tried several. Some local, some long distance. I can receive call, but I am not able to call out. It says call ended before it dials out 

What about texting? data? 

Might be an outage in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

slusagm

better to try your sim in another phone if possible

and of course, ask PM to check.  They might be able to reset the service on the system and it would fix it

slusagm

I am confused.  You said your phone is totally dead and then you talk about can't text.  So, can you even turn on your phone?

Kittycat3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I  tried several. Some local, some long distance. I can receive call, but I am not able to call out. It says call ended before it dials out 

slusagm

Try also calling with a 1 in front of the 10 digits , or calling without if you have been calling with the 1

and you tried calling different numbers, right?

Kittycat3

This is recent. I have rebooted my phone. I can re everything calls but cannot dial ot. It says call ended as soon as I dial out

slusagm

but can you receive calls? data work?

try reboot the phone and try reset all networks and try your sim card in another phone

and you have that problem everywhere? or just some particular places like your home?

if you cannot make it work after trying above, you need to ask PM.  You can open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Boby_Desuza 

More details would be helpful.  With more details, community members (customers like yourself)can offer more troubleshooting advice.

Did talk work before and suddenly stopped working?  Does text and data work?  Is your account status active versus suspended?  

Might be an outage in your area.

Check this link:

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

P.S. I will move this thread to the Support section to gain more visibility and help. 

@Kittycat3 , this a recent issue or persistent?  Are you getting decent signal strength during the call?  Does it happen everywhere or just certain locations?  Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Kittycat3

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Boby_Desuza are you getting any error message? Is texting and data still working? Try logging into your account to see if it is still active as maybe a payment did not go through. Do you have another cell phone that you can pop your SIM card in to see if it is working?

Boby_Desuza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's so frustrating! I can't seem to text any of my new contacts. It's like my phone has selective texting amnesia or something. I've tried everything – double-checking numbers, restarting, and even pleading with my phone, but no luck. It's like my phone's playing hard to get with new people!

Boby_Desuza
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ugh, my phone's totally dead to the world! I can't seem to make or receive any calls. It's like it's in a coma or something. I've tried everything – restarting, checking my signal, even talking nicely to it, but nothing's working. I'm starting to feel like a castaway on a deserted island without a way to call for help!

Need Help? Let's chat.