cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, since nobody else is gonna say it ...

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I'm not particularly impressed with the recent forum software "upgrades".

Maybe it's been phenomenally improved for back-end users - CSAs/MODs, PM staff, Oracles, etc. I don't know.

But it doesn't seem very improved for us normal plebe visitors/users.

There's a few "under the hood" improvements, part of the Khoros/Lithium package update.

I saw a little collection of new avatar images in the user settings.

I saw a few new trivialities in the notification settings and subscription settings.

Everything's been organized a little differently - "streamlined" or "optimized" or "simplified", whatever euphemism you prefer - which is probably good overall, especially for new faces, though (to me) it makes the site seem very business-like, corporate, and impersonal.

And everything's slow, slow, slow. Much, much slower than ever before. Glacial, sluggish, unresponsive, it feels bloaty and lazy on a PC browser, I can't imagine how awful it must be on a mobile browser.

Does anybody else any opinions about the forum changes? Good, bad, ugly? Anything I'm misjudging or might've missed?

92 REPLIES 92

@Anonymous 

Lol...to be fair I'm 2/29 today.

@Anonymous 

14/21 today to contact customer support. Leave no stone unturned in the quest to reach the top.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Well...those ...certain ... members can sit there all day and press refresh and oh new thread, and copy/paste contact CSA's and sit back and glory in how their being so helpful and press refresh again etc... and get the solution because how could they not and then get the one and only $15 reward month after month.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : That was a quick bit of feedback I gave early on. Why not have it? softech fedback about the recent solutions and they brought that back.

@Anonymous., there were a lot of items for feedback provided prior to.  Some things changed, many didn't.  Recent solutions are an example of something that was mentioned prior to rollout.  Hopefully, things are still being updated and weeks are being made.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous 

Did you forget my love of:     /s?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : lol It doesn't matter enough to me to join the revolution. It's just the rank hypocrisy of that user making their spurious claims against me only to be enjoying this very ...certain... privilege.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

That's it.....I'm calling for a strike vote. We common regulars can go on strike and the privileged can handle all the community support requests until we get the same rights.....

Out of abyss-mal vault into the light of the community forum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : That was a quick bit of feedback I gave early on. Why not have it? softech fedback about the recent solutions and they brought that back.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 : Yes.

Ok I kept looking to find all posts in the different dropdowns lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Yes.

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny, I never got into the categories before. I just stayed on All Posts. Still do.

@Anonymous, do you just have it bookmarked for all posts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Indeed. And only ...certain...members get it. Maybe you have to work here or something.

@Anonymous 

Nor in mine. I believe a box has to be ticked behind the scenes to give permissions to allow the user to upload from their computer the desired image

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : That's because you're not...certain...enough to be privileged to have it. Only those ...certain... members get it.

@darlicious   No, I am a Tier 3 Community member here.. I don't have  “Upload an Avatar”.. 

Hey  @Anonymous , so happy seeing you posted the steps but I didn't finish reading the whole thing and already follow the step by step.. of course I didn't find "Choose from my computer" there.. lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Great. Still not available in my browser. Nice find though.

@Anonymous 

From the atlas community....

How to upload a custom avatar

1. Sign in to your Atlas account.
  2. Click on the avatar image in the top right corner.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select “My Settings”.
  4. Click on the “Avatars” tab.
  5. On the avatars tab, click on “Upload an Avatar”, beneath your current avatar.
  6. Select “Browse” to upload from your computer.
  7. Click “Save” after selecting the image to upload.
  8. Follow all cropping instructions and click “Save”

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Me? Why would I link to a Telus forum.

I'll add this though. In reply to my reporting of the solicitation rule violation, the CSA sent me instructions. It doesn't work for me though. I tried 3 browsers on mobile and 3 browsers on desktop. This is an excerpt of the relevant part.

---------

If you go on Community to your profile and click on the avatar image, you will have the drop-down menu. Choose My profile and you will see that near the avatar image is a square with a crayon. 

If you click on it and scroll down the page, you will have the option "Choose another avatar". You will have various options from where to choose the image for your avatar. 

From there you can select the option "Choose from my computer" where you'll need to select the right photo that you'll like to have.

Then just save the picture and it'll be your new avatar.

------------

I don't have the from my computer option. Really...that user is a ... certain...member to be so fortunate to have this option. Clearly they work here or have it in tight with managers and the CSA's what with all their pm'ing and reporting and such.

@CountyDownIeUk 

In one of these threads @Anonymous left the link to the telus forum.

@CountyDownIeUk 

I was thinking to even the playing field I would have the links on how to contact customer service on all of my posts...🤣🤣🤣

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

Not the last time I checked but we got the no frills version of the telus forum.

What?  what got no frills version of the service already.. and the forum as well?

I absolutely hate this new version of the community with a copy and paste novella in every thread on how to contact customer service.

where?  cannot see in Telus or Koodo forum..   It is not a bad idea actually.. for some replies, it is less to copy and paste

If custom avatars are available can I get a custom signature?

We are not certain if it is really such service anyway.. we only see one custom avatar for non-Oracle so far..

But what custom signature you want? like "Univac need your donation to urgently to stay in service"   ? 

@CountyDownIeUk 

Not the last time I checked but we got the no frills version of the telus forum. I absolutely hate this new version of the community with a copy and paste novella in every thread on how to contact customer service.

If custom avatars are available can I get a custom signature?

@darlicious wrote:

While the edit notation is nice unless the poster explains the edit it doesn't really do much. Since I hate typos I end up editing at least half of my posts. While I will denote a major edit I don't bother with a typo or a spelling mistake or grammatical error.

The loss of the category boards makes it more difficult to scan threads to see which ones you can offer additional advice to and generally has made me less interested in contributing to the community.

There is now no doubt in my mind that this new format has been created to combat some issues while at the same time making a horrendously poor decision to allow participation and to find solutions. 

So what is the point of having the Community?  Not that I plan to check...is the “new” format the same format as the Koodo format?

@Korth wrote:

So I sort of (wrongly) assumed that Khoros/Lithium/Spredfast must be a Telus subsidiary. But it turns out that it's a privately-owned LLC based in the UK. Which (to me) is interesting from a "privacy" standpoint since Telus is basically outsourcing a foreign company to "secure" all their online customer interfaces and online customer data.

Khoros is just a software for forum/Community, isn't it?, Unless it is fully Cloud base, it could be that Telus just got the software from them  but data are hosted inhouse still.

@Korth 

Labels are acting like posting in a specific board used to do so if you do want to only see questions about phones you can the search it that way....which I did the other day but now I cant remember how I did it. A tag is still a tag....I just use them for my own personal use to find certain posts not for other's use.....

The labels are nice to sort things, but I don't think we need all the sub-sections.  A Get Help section should be enough.  It does need to be laid out better though.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

you can still sort the board by categories by using the label filter

I notice that one of the Oracles edited my OP to include the "Community" label (and kicked it out of the Lounge, which kinda seems like a first, lol). Though I admit I'm a little unclear what the labels really do. They're a category sorting tool, but how are they different from Tags?

@ShawnC13 

Thanks I keep having go search around looking for stuff I have found but its not logically where I would expect to find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny, I never got into the categories before. I just stayed on All Posts. Still do.

I will say again that I think the little icons that used to indicate some content in a post were useful. A little pic thing indicated that an image was in the post...without looking.

I also wish the lounge showed who was the last one to post in the thread. I can sort it as new replies in threads but it would be nice to see who last replied...like it used to.

I don't like the OP always up top taking up all that real estate. I don't like the coloured-in text entry boxes...should be white. I don't like the immediate insertion of a reply to follow the replied to until I go back to All Posts.

Need Help? Let's chat.