cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh extremely happy :(

garbagesystem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i got a esim for my phone, an now it killed my sim says unprovisioned, , yet was told by the bot exactly how to share connect with tablet. This is the worst support system i have ever seen. now i wait for someone here to figure out, i need a agent to reprovision my sim card that is all, no member is gonna fix that but greed has eliminated real people for this crap AI. I am already starting to look at other providers Thank you for trying to save money with AI,

24 REPLIES 24

@EB0 

he cannot re-use the existing esim.  He needs to use the PM app to rebuy the esim for free.

But this is not the case OP was trying to do

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

I agree with you, if someone changes his phone, he can move the SIM to the new phone, so how he can do that in case of eSIM? Can he install the existing eSIM on the new phone? Or does he need to buy a new eSIM?

@EB0 

as clearly said above many times, you cannot install the esim on multiple devices. It won't work

the esim can only be installed once.  Once installed , the same eism cannot be installed on another devices

and if people choose to buy another esim or physical sim , the old one will be voided once the new once is bought

There is no way, at least in Canada, to have multiple sim (regardless or esim or physical sim) linked to the same account installed on multiple devices.  Again, no Canadian provider allows that

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@garbagesystem 

You can’t have two SIMs connected to the same account 

you can’t have one SIM and one eSIM connected to the same account

You may be able to install eSIM on multiple devices, but only one device can be active at any time, I’m not sure if PM supports that or not.

if you can find provider that fits your needs, go for it.

Ya i have tickets in, but waiting for reply  doesnt help, im sorry Soft been a long night screwing with this, and no answer on tickets and ur saying total dif then what the system is saying im a little frustrated

@garbagesystem there is no point for us to circle this back and forth , for you to keep asking how to do something that cannot be done  and for me to repeat the same correct info

if you like, you can either test it out by buying the different eSIMs to test it out yourself (but I don't recommend as I understand clearly it won't work) 

or you can also ask PM support for the official answer

Please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there  

i have unlimited wifi, i dont need to tether and i could do that with just a sim, i was told i can have a esim an sim as long as i wasnt trying to use on both same time it works, what bot explained an ran me thru to install. so either your wrong or bot is wrong, either way i want the 5$ back and my Physical sim reactivated if doesnt work. But after seeing customer support, i think ill just move on

@garbagesystem it was referring to mobile hotspot to share the data 

and as said many times, you cannot have multiple sim tie to a single account. No Canadian carrier allows that

just asked again was told, "

can i share my phone and tablet same plan

7/5/2024, 12:21:05 AM

Yes, you can have the same plan for both your phone and tablet. Public Mobile offers flexible plans that can be used across multiple devices. You can choose a plan that suits your needs and activate it on both your phone and tablet.

This allows you to have a seamless communication experience and use your mobile services on both devices with the same plan."

Well then the bot system is lying cause thats who told me

@garbagesystem wrote:

well this says different "This means that you can use the same eSIM profile on both devices, allowing you to have the same phone number and access to your mobile data on both devices" Does it not?

@garbagesystem 

the above statement was not true , at least not in Canada.  None of the Canadian carrier allows that

@garbagesystem wrote:

i think my issue is i am trying to use a sim card(physical) and an esim to join and i think it means have to be both esim. which wont work for me

Again,  You CANNOT access mobile data with two different sims (doesn't matter esim or physical) on the different devices. 

Your only choices are

1. Moving  a physical sim between devices when you need 
  2. use Mobile hotspot

i think my issue is i am trying to use a sim card(physical) and an esim to join and i think it means have to be both esim. which wont work for me

well this says different "This means that you can use the same eSIM profile on both devices, allowing you to have the same phone number and access to your mobile data on both devices" Does it not?

@garbagesystem wrote:

so im guessing as soon as u add a esim it voids the sim card 

true

making me have to have two esim 1 for each device

not ture.  only one sim (does not matter esim or physical) can be tie to an account.  If you need two devices to have data, you need different sims that tie with two different accounts. 

There is no way to make two sim to tie to a single account.  Best way in such situation is to have physical sim.  Then you can move the physical sim into the device you want to use

garbagesystem

so im guessing as soon as u add a esim it voids the sim card making me have to have two esim 1 for each device

@garbagesystem wrote:

well this is what was told "Here is the most relevant information I found for you. Hope this helps! According to the information provided, eSIMs can be used to share one line between a cell-enabled tablet and a phone. This means that you can use the same eSIM profile on both devices, allowing you to have the same phone number and access to your mobile data on both devices. However, please note that you can only use one device at a time to prevent duplicate charges. You can switch between devices by selecting the desired eSIM profile in your phone or tablet's settings."

@garbagesystem 

esim or physical sim, you can use hotspot and share the internet with a tablet

but are the esim and physical sim for different accounts? You cannot have two sims (does not matter physical or esim) both tie to the same account.  

and You cannot have the same esim profile (esims tie to the same account) installed on multiple devices and expect them to work

Again, if you have a one sim setup on an account, then buy another one (doesn't matter esim or physical),  the earlier one will be voided after the new one is setup and linked to the account

garbagesystem

well this is what was told "Here is the most relevant information I found for you. Hope this helps! According to the information provided, eSIMs can be used to share one line between a cell-enabled tablet and a phone. This means that you can use the same eSIM profile on both devices, allowing you to have the same phone number and access to your mobile data on both devices. However, please note that you can only use one device at a time to prevent duplicate charges. You can switch between devices by selecting the desired eSIM profile in your phone or tablet's settings."

garbagesystem

yes both PM i want to share conect with my tablet, as it says i can but really is a pain to do i guess

@garbagesystem 

you need to explain a bit more for us to help

both sim are from PM? or one PM one for another carrier?

please remember, for any carrier (not just PM), only one sim can be set to an account.  If you just activate an esim for an account, the old physical sim will be voided, no longer work.  Again, all carriers are like that.  You cannot have a working esim and physical sim for the same account 

garbagesystem

the system allows sharing, so i have esim in my s22 ultra, and the sim in my tablet, sim worked in both, as i had switched them as needed, but thought this be easier, but it isnt and really making me not like Public much atm

@garbagesystem 

both esim and physical are Public Mobile? or they are from different carrier?

and are you porting a number into PM? the old one was the one with physical sim?

garbagesystem

the esim is all that is working and even when i put the physical sim back in  phone says unprovisioned, but came out of phone ,i put in tablet was working in tablet, set up esim and tablet quit , i shut off esim and tablet says nothing, i take card out put back in phone says unprovisioned. esim on phone works, sim card does not

@garbagesystem 

so, the esim worked a bit and got unprovisioned later?

you can buy a new esim if you can login My account (maybe click Didn't receive code and choose Send email)

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

If you cannot login My Account to re-buy the esim, you can ask support for help, message them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there      

garbagesystem

oh an yes i put in a ticket it vanished, an said someone will contact, but is gone isnt anywhere in account messages i dont want to talk to computer stupid AI. i know my issue and how to fix and a member or stupid ai cant do it, computer AI is what screwed it

Need Help? Let's chat.