cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan pause or cancellation question due to travel

khoi1104
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 
I'm gonna live in Europe in the next 9 months starting from September. I want to either pause my plan and resume it next year or cancel it completely. There are no options to do either on my account, and I can't find the payment button that your automatic suggestion say. Can you help?

Thank you!

Khoi

5 REPLIES 5

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@khoi1104, porting is the same as transferring your number out to another company. To do this your current account must be active, you cannot transfer your number out otherwise. You can transfer it out now but it also means it will close your Public Mobile account so you will no longer be an active customer.

Another thing to be aware of, go into your Public Mobile app and find out when your next renewal is. Public Mobile does not refund any unused days, so there's no prorating. If you can time your exit closer to when the renewal would take place you will not be giving up any money

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@khoi1104 

two things you can do to keep alive your number

1. PM only allows suspending the account for no more than 90 days.  So, you can suspend the account and come back around the 85th days to resume the service for 30 days.  Then continue that 85 days suspension-30 days service cycle until you are back. Since you are going for around 9 months, you will be just paying 2 or 3 times during the span.  Pick the cheapest plan you can get
  2. you can port out your number to Fongo for a fees of $25.  With Fongo, you can still use the number using the app while you are away.  Then when you are back in Canada, come back to Public Mobile and start a new account and port your number back in for free.

khoi1104
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!! Can I ask what porting means? is that just a service to keep a number? and do you know if I can port out my number now without cancel my plan yet? I'll travel in September and would need some wifi meanwhile. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@khoi1104   If you don't need to keep your number you can cancel by logging in to your account and toggling off "subscribed".  It should then say you are unsubscribed and then 90 after the current cycle ends your account will be closed as noted although you can use that to your advantage if you want to keep your number.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@khoi1104 your best bet (cheapest option) is to port out your number to a service like Fongo where you will only pay I believe $25 to port out your number. Then when you return you can choose to come back to PM or any company you'd like and transfer your number to them. You can also unsubscribe from your current plan but you have to be careful not to let 90 days lapse otherwise your PM account will be closed and you will lose your number

Need Help? Let's chat.