cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Question :)

flocheung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since the cash rewards now is in Points system, we are no longer have $2 credit back if you are on auto-pay.  I found out we can bank in money on account, and PM just debit the monthly charge whenever we have available fund on account.  In that case, like me on $15 plan, PM just debit $15 on my available fund, then I don't need to pay tax??

5 REPLIES 5

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes - no extra points added - you just pay $15 worth of points and that's all.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@flocheung 

If a customer earns rewards or recieves a credit in their account then they also recieve the  "invisible" taxes that go with those account credits.  Funds added to the account are either taxed and appear on your credit card statement or are paid at the source if it's a voucher or instant top up.

If you are on the points program you only earn " Get back" points on the funds you add to the account and use to pay whether by manual or automatic top up on your payment card or by voucher and instant top up. The general rule of thumb being if you have to pay tax on it then you earn points back on it. So bill credit redemptions do not earn points....

flocheung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you @softech  and @pmbc  for clarification 😁

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@flocheung   it's true for the $2 part .  On the new Point system , you will get 5% back in Public points for all spending on your Account instead of the $2 autopay rewards.  Once you got enough for 15 points, you have to manually login to My Reward and redeem that for $15 bill credit

but for the Bank in part, that is not true.  when you load $15 into the account, PM still charge you $15+ tax on your credit card.  But it will show $15 on your My Account as this is the $15  "usable" amount on My Account

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice try, they will charge tax regardless of payment method. 🙂  

Need Help? Let's chat.