cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS - Mobility Roaming - Invitation

majsiddiqui
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good day PM Team,

I received an email from Schlesinger Group, an independent market research firm working with TELUS to improve their product and offerings. They are inviting Public Mobile customers to collect feedback about their international roaming services and features.

Is PM aware of this survey sent and is it legitimate?

Can you please advise.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@majsiddiqui wrote:

Good day PM Team,

I received an email from Schlesinger Group, an independent market research firm working with TELUS to improve their product and offerings. They are inviting Public Mobile customers to collect feedback about their international roaming services and features.

Is PM aware of this survey sent and is it legitimate?

Can you please advise.

Thank you.

@majsiddiqui 

Ok let’s get real here.  

Look carefully at the first paragraph. Surveys can be slanted as I previously said. And this one will be for sure. 

“Telus is inviting select Public Mobile customers to participate in a feedback survey, related to international roaming services and features, according to an email seen by iPhone in Canada.”

See the word select?

Now start dreaming who is in it and who is out and how good or bad the results will be. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Doing research questionnaires or surveys often have specific questions that can slant the results.

The results may require some work BUT some of the slanted questions will offer some horn tooting for the company that is asking. And often the feedback YOU would like to express  will NOT have a question to respond to. 

Think twice before you participate in responding to questionnaires or surveys. 

Right now now I say there is a lot of resistance from home owners to allow Telus to drill holes in their home, install a large electronic part and supply power to (that you did not do previously) to complete optic cable installation. They are distributing emails, texts, phone calls and post mail with some fairly strong wording that they contradict in a different source of information. One day I was contacted 5 times. If I did a survey...that is “if”.......nothing would be answered in a positive way. I can see that they will lose customers over this. 

They also need need to rethink the off shore customer service and local contractors who screw up 40% of the time. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes, they are,  @majsiddiqui 

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/telus-asks-public-mobile-customers-for-feedback-offers-...

And here's the best part:

"Telus says customers participating will get an $80 Amazon gift card, while noting spaces are limited for the survey, which is on a first-come, first-serve basis. The gift card will be provided within 10 days of participating in the survey."

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would say this is legitimate.  They are partnering with Telus.  There is the option to opt out.  It is all good.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Legitimate or not, if it's a survey that you might be interested in completing then go ahead. Then it's up to you to decide what questions to answer and how.

I went into a survey at one time and the first question was a question I wasn't going to answer and that was that thank you have a nice day end of survey.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@majsiddiqui  as to it’s if it’s legit or not I cannot say but as far a survey goes it would seem there’s ongoing issues with roaming for folks my .02 cents 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @majsiddiqui   I don't get that email myself

where it sent from?

if you want to be sure, open ticket with PM CS agent and ask them to confirm

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.