cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website says payment denied by credit card. Credit card co. confirms money was taken multiple times

cssinate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When trying to register for a new account, after entering my credit card details, it said my credit card company denied the transaction. I tried a few more times - once with the same card, again with my spouse's card on the same account. Each time it failed, and I called the credit card company. They confirmed the purchases were successful and in pending transactions. So I tried again. Right now there are 6 pending transactions for "KOODO TOP UP REAPPROV". Can a moderator help me please?

9 REPLIES 9

@gpixel wrote:

@cssinate try using your browser in incognito or private mode. and try again 

- Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement
- Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line
-Do not leave any spaces between your postal code
-If you have a middle name/initials enter it either in your last name box before your first name or in your first name box after your first name
-Use all capital letters if billing is all capital letters

one thing you can do to see if you were charged is to insert the sim card in the phone and check to see if you have service

I agree with seeing if the Public Mobile sim card works. However, since the member has already spoken to the credit card issuer, I don't believe that trying alternative formats of the address would help. If that were the issue, the credit card issuer would have been able to see declined transactions.

@cssinate wrote:

I don't have an account. I'm trying to register.

This is strange. Without an account, you shouldn't even be able to attempt a top up. So, these charges are from the initital activation attempt? The reason I say that this is strange is because while activation errors do sometimes occur, the Public Mobile payment system charging your card means that it shouldn't even have allowed you to get to the payment step again. Attempting to sign up again should have resulted in an invalid sim card message. 

@cssinate wrote:

I'm trying to register for Public Mobile. The credit card transaction says KOODO though. Probably the credit cards have some vendor ID number, and PM and Koodo share one because of their affiliation through Telus.

This shouldn't be the case. Public Mobile has a specific merchant account and charges from them show up as Public Mobile, and not as Koodo.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cssinate  I think you should  not make any more payments until you are sure the pending transactions have cleared. 

Meanwhile contact the moderators to explore what's happened. To reach them click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437. This will send them a private message and open a trouble ticket. 

Click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen to see any replies. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@cssinate try using your browser in incognito or private mode. and try again 

one thing you can do to see if you were charged is to insert the sim card in the phone and check to see if you have service

cssinate

I don't have an account. I'm trying to register.

cssinate

I'm trying to register for Public Mobile. The credit card transaction says KOODO though. Probably the credit cards have some vendor ID number, and PM and Koodo share one because of their affiliation through Telus.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cssinate Please log into your self service account and see if there are 5 or 6 times the amount due sitting as a credit there. Are your services working properly?  Thanks. PM is prepaid there are no refunds. Stay safe. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cssinate Are you trying to register with Koodo or Public Mobile?

This is the community site for Public mobile and any charges to your CC would indicate Public Mobile for this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.