cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to delay payment without being penalized

LLbean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My payment is automatically withdrawn from my credit card each month. Unfortunately I lost my credit card and need to get a new one. It won't get here before my payment is due. Is there a way to connect with an agent? 

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LLbean  there is no penalty for a delay payment, but the service would be suspended until you make the payment again

So, your option are

1. not to do anything until you get your new credit card, but you won't get any service until you resume service
  2. use voucher to pay.  If you don't get any disconnection with the service , load the voucher before renewal date.  Best to get the voucher from SDM/711/London Durg/Shell as their voucher can be used immeidatley

@Phil_Adelphus  I don’t think it makes any difference at all . Results the same if payment not made then account goes into suspended state either way 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Korth_ @Handy1   Would it be better for @LLbean  to go into their account and unsubscribe from automatic payments so that PM doesn't try, and fail, to use the credit card or does that not make any difference?

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LLbean 

There are no fees, charges, or penalties at Public Mobile.

If payment is not made (or not accepted) on time, your plan will automatically be suspended ("expired"). There is no extra cost for this.

When payment is made again, your plan will automatically reactivate. There is no extra cost for this.

You will not be billed for any days your service was suspended. You don't owe anything because it's all prepaid. When your plan reactivates - whenever that is - it begins the first day of what is now your new 30-day (or 90-day) billing cycle.

A plan can remain suspended for 90 days before it is automatically (permanently, irrevocably) terminated. So if you can't pay for a few days or few weeks or whatever then don't stress out over it. The only thing you lose is active phone service for a while, the only "penalty" you suffer is that you don't collect rewards or points while your account is inactive.

You will not lose your plan, add-ons, rewards, points, phone number, etc until your account is closed (or terminated). You won't even lose promos or legacy plans which are no longer being offered - your plan is your plan and as long as you still have it on your account you can always reactivate it.

Some people around here deliberately allow their plans to languish in suspension while they go on vacation or whatever. Since it costs nothing to save a little money this way.

If you're worried about some sort of penalty charge on your credit card when AutoPay attempts to charge your next plan payment ... just login to Self-Serve and turn off AutoPay before this happens.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LLbean  You can always buy payment vouchers from 7-11 shoppers shell gas of for a fee recharge.com or muskbird.com and load the voucher *611 to make payment until your new credit card arrives . But here’s the link to support agents also should you need them at all 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

adding if you miss your payment you won’t be penalized the account will

simply go into suspended state at which time you have 90 days before you need to make manual payment again or the account will be closed . Many do this on purpose when going away for a month or two on vacation over seas .

Need Help? Let's chat.