cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving SMS

Blakers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently activated a new subscription, porting from Virgin Mobile.

Problem - I do not receive SMS

However, voice calls work.

21 REPLIES 21

@Mubi   It sounds like for the second one the number actually did transfer if the old provider cancelled the line.  I'll send you the phone number but I still think you will need to contact customer service by private message (they are specifically Public Mobile customer service whereas the phone number is Koodo/PM for porting issues only).

Mubi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick reply !

I unfortunately do not have a physical sim. The old provider was an eSIM . 

i had two numbers ported and both gave their own problems

one doesn’t receive sms but everything else is fine 

another didn’t get activated successfully and the old provider also cancelled the network as now it shows no network 

@Mubi   I'm not sure that the porting team can help you with that since it seems more of an esim problem, you more likely need to contact Public Mobile customer service, use this link to send them a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at your community inbox, envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope.   Edited to add, have to checked whether your old provider sim still works?

Mubi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello @Handy1 

Can you Private message me the number to call an agent. I recently ported however the eSIM didn’t activated correctly and now it’s not valid anymore. Kind of stuck as old provider already initiated the transfer and I am now without a network

Blakers

Not sure entirely, but soon after I sent a message to porting team. My Virgin Sim stopped working, so tried PM SIM which now works..Voice and SMS. thanks agin

@Blakers  Excellent we happy to hear it . So the porting team was able to help ?? Or did you need to private message support ?? Either way welcome to public mobile 🙂

Blakers

thanks so much for your help...all is working now 🙂

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.

Public Mobile Team.

Blakers

thanks so much for your help! I will do so

@Blakers 

It could be a provisional issue with your SIM.

Contact a CS_Agent to reset your SIM, private message at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

@Blakers   Call the number @Handy1 private messaged you for the porting team and they should be able to sort it out for you.

@Blakers  Yes check your inbox for the porting team number I send you and they can start the port process over again for you . Can also use this link to the community in box for the number 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Blakers

Thanks, send/receive phone numbers correct in Messages. 

Yes - outbound voice calls work, receiving calls not. I will try port again, as it seems Virgin SIM still works.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Blakers   Another thing to try, go to the settings for Messages and make sure the right Send and Receive phone number is selected in start new conversations from, and in the receive and reply section also.  Adding to say that in the original message it says voice calls work but it seems only for calling and not receiving?

@Blakers  Did you reply YES with in then90 minute window ?? If not ok send you porting team  number private message and they can re trigger the port  request for you . Also if you try you virgin sim in the phone does it still work this will confirm if the porting hasn’t completed and if not call the number and get it fixed 

Blakers

Thanks @BKNS27 - I have SMS and MMS enabled. I did reply YES with my Virgin SIM and have rebooted phone a few times. I can make voice calls from my phone but can't receive calls or SMS and see that on my iPhone home screen that Public Mobile is displayed as my provider.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Blakers 

Also double check to see if “Send as SMS” and “MMS messaging” are both enabled. Go to Settings>Messages>scroll down to settings.

BTW, did you reply to the text from Virgin with YES with the Virgin SIM in your phone within the 90 minutes window during activation of the PM SIM?

If you did, just reboot your phone.

If not, you will need to restart the porting process by contacting a CS_Agent to restart it for you.

Blakers

Thanks Handy1 - I will try

Blakers

thx, tried twice already..no luck 😞

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Try restart phone 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Blakers  You activate eSIM or physical sim ?? You can try resetting network settings set if the helps . Note this will delete any saved wifi passwords so you will need to re add them again. If physical sim can you try it in another phone to test ??

adding also ensure your OS is up to date and update carrier profile setting also if needed 

Need Help? Let's chat.