cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasted money on a Sim card

jorella86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I've been with PM for about 6 months, and it's been great so far. The price has been so good that I convinced my wife to switch from her Telus corporate account to PM.

They have a 2-day promo going on right now for 8.5 gb for $50 plus $10 off for 6 months, and $2 autopay discount bringing the total to $38 for 6 months and $48 after.

When we went to the PM page where they tell you how to get started with this plan, they tell you to first get a sim card, and the first option is to buy online. OK, so that's what we did. Paid the $10 plus tax. After we pay, the page says that it will take 3-5 business days for the sim to arrive. We get an email saying that plans are subject to change, and promos are based on the date of activation, not ordering of the sim card. So we would miss out on the promo. Why didn't they tell me this before I ordered the sim?? So we ended up buying a second sim from a retail store and activating, but now I'm going to have an extra sim I paid for and don't need.

Is there any way to make a complaint to PM about this? They really shouldn't give people an option of ordering a sim online if they won't receive it in time for a promo, or at least give a clear warning before ordering.

Thanks all. If nothing comes of this, I just wanted to rant.

8 REPLIES 8

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

btw wouldn't it be great if for occasions like these they could just email people the sim number that will be shipped to them so that those who don't mind paying 3 -5 days of unused service in advance to score good promo. i'd probably go for it too

is there a suggestion box here in the community?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

where are you located?

if they can't cancel the shipment, maybe i can buy it from you if you are not too far

jorella86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your responses. I took @RossN suggestion and pmed the moderator. Not sure if it will result in a refund or credit but we'll see.

I am also new to this so I'm not sure whether I should have said this was solved.

Thank you for your time @computergeek541, @SD08, @RossN  and @will13am 

@will13am wrote:

@jorella86 , you have made a complaint about the situation.  This forum is frequented by customers and Public Mobile for that matter.  This is not the first time that customers complain about flash sale promos not meshing well with delivery times for online SIM card orders.  I think what I will do is tag @Alan_K so that he can consider adding notes in flash sale announcements to suggest customers seek alternate (to online order) ways of quickly getting a SIM card quickly to meet the sale deadline.  @computergeek541 , has offered a possible solution for you.  I suggest taking up his offer.

Unfortunately, what I was thinking wouldn't work because an additional sim card was already purchased by the member.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jorella86 

I doubt PM will give you a refund for a SIM card, unless you are lucky enough to get them to cancel the order before it goes out in the mail tomorrow.  Based on moderator response times lately, that's a very iffy chance indeed.  I would suggest you keep the extra SIM to use for a referral. You never know, there may be another attractive deal from PM later. If you bring someone else to PM using your referral code, they'll get a $10 credit and you'll get $1 off per 30 days and the SIM will pay for itself in less than a year.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jorella86 , you have made a complaint about the situation.  This forum is frequented by customers and Public Mobile for that matter.  This is not the first time that customers complain about flash sale promos not meshing well with delivery times for online SIM card orders.  I think what I will do is tag @Alan_K so that he can consider adding notes in flash sale announcements to suggest customers seek alternate (to online order) ways of quickly getting a SIM card quickly to meet the sale deadline.  @computergeek541 , has offered a possible solution for you.  I suggest taking up his offer.

@jorella86 

Sorry, but new account needs to be activated during the promo. The extra sim can be kept as a spare, used for a family member's furure account activation, or sold or given to someone else.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jorella86  hi you can contact a moderator here and tell them your issue they  may be understanding https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.