cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasted $40 last month on data plan I can't use

Randall1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So far have wasted $15 last month and again this month ready to switch providers unable to use data would like to go back to my $25 plan the $40 plan is useless to me 

16 REPLIES 16

seallaibh

Glad to see that Randall1 got his problem sorted.  I'm on month 2 and still don't have data.  My APN settings seem to be locked, mods haven't figured out an answer yet (they're trying), and Umidigi tech support seems to have taken a flier....

Very frustating.

I had no issue with my LG q6, until I messed things up on my own 4 days in.

ive already done factory reset twice.  But I’m good now. Lol

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

glad you got it figure out. I had the same issue before. There must be something wrong with LG's software.

eh_tony
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes this is a great community to provide help when needed. Thank you for coming back to confirm every thing works correctly now

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for coming back to say that. And I find peer (with mods) forums are often much better than call centres, even when a call centre is provided. PM has a particularly good forum (their call centre was good back in the day, but I only called once with a simple request on a grandfathered plan, and I suspect I was referred there by the people here :).

=aw

Great to hear @Randall1Robot Very Happy

Definitely keep coming back to the Community. Once you get a hang of how it works around here, I'm sure you'll want to stick around. There are lots of helpful people here plus there are moderators who work behind the scenes to help with account related issues, etc.

Randall1

Think it works now did what the instructions said can't believe I figured it out thank u for the help

Randall1

If you search for "LG g5 network reset" there are many tutorials found online. It's just a few steps. Sorry to hear you've had problems with data, but there are many knowledgable people here that can help. I know you want a phone number to call, but that's not how it works with Public Mobile. Give the Community a chance to help you... Robot Happy

p.s. don't type your reply in the Message Tags box. That's why nothing is showing up in the main body of your post.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Randall1, please post your message in the message box instead of the message tag.  It is a lot easier to read this way.  I have tried to help you with setting up the data on your phone.  Can you at least provide feedback on whether it is working or not.  If you are insistent on changing back to your old plan without loss of payment credits, you will need to take that up with the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Randall1

Randall1

Im using a LG g5

For LG phones, sometimes a network reset is needed to fix data connectivity issues.  This is kind of like a soft reset so to speak and is different than a full factory reset.  Network reset clears the network related data from the phone. 

Randall1

Randall1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Randall1, what seems to be the problem that is hindering data usage.  Can you describe the hardware you are using and other relevant conditions so that we can better assist with troubleshooting.  Often the problem is with setting up the APN on the phone.  Check this site out for the proper APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.