cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to delete the person who referred me from my account

Familyphones
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone ever requested to have the referral code you used to sign up for Public Mobile removed from your account? This would essentially eliminate the person who referred me from receiving the monthly reward, which is what I'm trying to do.

Turns out he is a super horrible person, and I don't want him receiving any benefit from anything I do, except I don't want to deactivate and lose all of my own rewards thus far.

Any advice?

28 REPLIES 28

@JoyLuck 

Lol......what can I say I'm a typical scorpio.....

@darlicious 

You need to start posting here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProRevenge/

😊😊😊

@Familyphones 

You could once pm fixes the bug just randomly suspend your account on their renewal so it just drives them a little cray cray trying to figure out why some months they recieve $1 less......

@Familyphones 

Please review the four available types of rewards:  (bolded specific to your situation)

• Loyalty Reward: $1/30 days for each year you’re with us, up to $5/30 days.
  • AutoPay Reward: $2/30 days.
  • Refer a Friend: $1/30 days for each friend you refer – plus, your friend receives a one-time credit of $10.
  • Community Reward: up to $20/30 days.

Familyphones

Ok. Gotcha...that's very helpful. Thank you. If he remains at only receiving $12 a year, it may not be worth the battle. Thank you!

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Familyphones , that's now how the friend referral works.  As @computergeek541 said, the friend referral stays at $1 per month forever, as long as your account remains active.  Only the loyalty credit increases by $1 per year, up to a max. of $5.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Familyphones : How long have you been here? You could port out for a month (to use that expenditure) near the end of a paid term here (to use that expenditure) and then back in and you would then be disconnected from the person. Use another referral code when you return. You would only lose your own loyalty clock and any of your own referrals. Can I assume you don't have a balance in Available Funds.

@Familyphones wrote:

I am typically not a vengeful person, but the guy who referred me is truly horrible. It isn't the $1 reward that bothers me, it's the continuing increase of that reward as long as I remain a client. It's been 2 years, so he's earning $2 a month because of me, and that will increase to $5 a month. He does not deserve the reward.

As I stated earlier, increase of the rewards isn't related to the other person referring you. Refer-a-friend rewards don't increase for the other person. It stays at $1 per 30 days per person referred and does not change over time.

@Familyphones wrote:

Thanks for that thought. It isn't the $1 reward that I'm concerned about so much, as the increase to that as long as I remain a client. I believe it has been 2 years now, so he's receiving $2 a month, and that continues up to 5 years, where it would then increase to $5 per month. He does not deserve this reward.

Whaaaat? I think you are confused how the referral rewards work. And you are combining the loyalty rewards structure with the referral structure. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You are misinformed.  The referral bonus stays at $1 per month.  His loyalty award increases up to a total of $5 per month as long as he stays a customer of Public Mobile.

Familyphones

I am typically not a vengeful person, but the guy who referred me is truly horrible. It isn't the $1 reward that bothers me, it's the continuing increase of that reward as long as I remain a client. It's been 2 years, so he's earning $2 a month because of me, and that will increase to $5 a month. He does not deserve the reward.

I agree with @computergeek541 

You BOTH agreed, on some level, to utilize the referral code for the individual purposes stated.  The only way I might think that Public Mobile might concede if the person doing the referral was utilizing a public forum to 'advertise' their referral code.

It seems trying to find ways to circumvent their reward is such an onerous process (however @darlicious may have proposed the workaround).   And it may impact your account in ways you may not prefer.

I might recommend picking another battle, @Familyphones 

@Familyphones wrote:

Thanks for that thought. It isn't the $1 reward that I'm concerned about so much, as the increase to that as long as I remain a client. I believe it has been 2 years now, so he's receiving $2 a month, and that continues up to 5 years, where it would then increase to $5 per month. He does not deserve this reward.

That isn't the way the refer-a-friend credit works. It stays at a $1 credit for that person referring you as long as both of your accounts are still active. The other perosn gets the loyalty reward no matter what you do, and isn't related to the referral rewards.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This seems like a lot of work to make sure this person won't get their $12 per year.  If it's that important you should just cancel and reactivate.

Familyphones

@Familyphones wrote:

Thank you. I don't want to replace the referral with someone else, I just don't want that person to benefit from me continuing as a client. As time goes on, his benefit will increase. I have offered to deactivate my account, and reactivate, but then I lose MY referral rewards.

It just seems odd. I even suggested submitting a letter for my file in the event that he questions why he would be removed, to remove their liability. It seems like it could be a digital adjustment made. I have now asked to speak to a supervisor, but not sure that will even help.

I understand that you're having a problem with the other person. However, you signing something that you authorize this wouldn't be enough. The other party would also have to agree. Public Mobile would still be liable and if the person were to file a complaint with the CCTS, Public Mobile would lkely lose and would be forced to reinstate the credit.

Familyphones

Thank you. I don't want to replace the referral with someone else, I just don't want that person to benefit from me continuing as a client. As time goes on, his benefit will increase. I have offered to deactivate my account, and reactivate, but then I lose MY referral rewards.

It just seems odd. I even suggested submitting a letter for my file in the event that he questions why he would be removed, to remove their liability. It seems like it could be a digital adjustment made. I have now asked to speak to a supervisor, but not sure that will even help.

@Familyphones wrote:

Thank you. The Moderator stated they cannot remove that person.

Seems odd to me.

Regardless of what you think of the other person, that person has upheld their end of the bargain in Public Mobile's view by referring you. Public Mobile doesn't know either of you personally, and all they have to go by is that the referral obligation to gain the $1 refer-a-friend has been completed.  The only way the other person is going to lose that $1 credit is if one of you stops being a customers/closes the account.

Familyphones

Thank you. The Moderator stated they cannot remove that person.

Seems odd to me.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Familyphones 

Maybe look at it this way. The horrible person referred you to PM so you are getting all the great rewards that PM has to offer plus the $10 credit when you signed up. Look at it as being even Steven. Maybe the horrible person is regretting signing you up for all these great rewards you are getting.

If you want to go to the 10th degree, close your account and create a new one. Yes, you will lose your rewards but the horrible person won’t get the dollar each month from you and your partial number will not appear on his account to further drive the point across.

@will13am 

Sometimes a whole lot of effort is worth the satisfaction of knowing youve denied someone even the tiniest benefit that they dont deserve. Revenge is best served cold even icy some might say....

@darlicious wrote:

@Familyphones 

I don't think that is possible. But if you are really determined to deny them of your $1 referral reward and you possibly know their renewal date you could suspend your account via lost/stolen** for 2 or 3 hours between 12 and 3 am et as they go thru renewal which would remove your referral reward from their account during its application time.

** Currently the lost/stolen bug has returned that once used may (most likely) will cause your rewards to not be applied upon renewal requiring a moderator to apply them manually. So not a very practical solution to your query.....but perhaps one in the future once pm fixes this bug once again.

This suggestion really does amount to cutting off your nose to spite your face!  Honestly, why spew so much venom over a buck?  If this was the biggest mistake one ever made, I would say that is pure perfection.  

jlarocque96
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now that's a great solution just perfect for OP. Sounds like they don't mind putting in some time. 😉

@Familyphones 

I don't think that is possible. But if you are really determined to deny them of your $1 referral reward and you possibly know their renewal date you could suspend your account via lost/stolen** for 2 or 3 hours between 12 and 3 am et as they go thru renewal which would remove your referral reward from their account during its application time.

** Currently the lost/stolen bug has returned that once used may (most likely) will cause your rewards to not be applied upon renewal requiring a moderator to apply them manually. So not a very practical solution to your query.....but perhaps one in the future once pm fixes this bug once again.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Familyphones 

Question:   Do you plan to try to replace the referral with someone else?  

If no, I'd have a hard time understanding why Public Mobile might not remove the referral, since it would save THEM from discounting the other account.

Otherwise, depending on WHEN you activated, you might try to assert with Public Mobile that the referral code you used was incorrect, and that the wrong person benefitted from the referral.  Position it as something you 'want to make right' for the rightful referral.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I have read here in the community somebody wanted to be removed from their ex referral list but they were told by mods the only way to do it is to shut down your account. If it means so much to your you can still ask them.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Familyphones , I am not sure if that is possible.  You could ask the moderator team to see if they can remove someone from your referral list.  Click on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of this web page and initiate a support ticket.  

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Familyphones 

Sorry to hear that.  Not sure if it is possible.  

You might want to contact moderator/PM employee

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.