cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for number porting 24 hours.

GadgetMan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am assisting a family member to have a PM account which I am paying for and using my email address, he has gone through the PM app to activate the account with the new sim card and I received a email to confirm as such and it could take up to 5 hours to port the number over.
It is now 24 hours and we are not yet able to get him connected. If we try to get into the PM website account then it says to enter the code sent to the phone to confirm but it does not arrive due to the porting is not finalized so we don't receive a code to access the account. 
Dale

5 REPLIES 5

GadgetMan

Not seeing a "security code page" option under Subscriptions & Notifications. I will submit a ticket as suggested.

HI @GadgetMan 

on the security code page, click "Didn't receive the code" and email should be an alternate option

if it is not there, then you need agent's help,    please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

GadgetMan

Activation has been resolved.

Current problem now is when I try to sign into the website, it says it is sending a code to the phone on account which is in my brothers possession and not mine but also he says he never gets a code even though the site says it is sending to his phone number represented by the last 3 digits. Today when I try again, the site is stating it is sending the code now to a different phone number for my account.
What I want is to access the account I am paying for to monitor the usage and stats while my brother has the phone and currently I am unable to get back into the site to manage the account since the activation started. Also trying to reach each other for a code from the phone within 5 minutes even if it did get to him is impossible as I live in a different time zone. Once he tried to access the app and it sent me a code through email for him but it might be hours before I realize it to forward to him. 
Thanks

GadgetMan

Thanks for the response, I will forward this information to a friend nearby my family member that has a working phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GadgetMan 

first, does the PM sim card able to connect to PM networks at all? even without porting, it can at least make outgoing calls, can it?

If it cannot even make ougoing calls, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

if it can make calls, but just cannot receive calls, and your old provider sim card still fully functional, it is a porting problem.  There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed
Need Help? Let's chat.