Waiting for My SIM card

smilesjam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordred a SIM on Feb 6 via Order 132490 

Still no sign of it. Any ideas or is it just delayed,

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

@Moemoemoe wrote:

I got my sim card in about 4 days. Sometimes there’s a random delay. I also did not get a tracking number. 

Public Mobile didn't provide you with a tracking number in the e-mail message about shipment or there was no trackng number on the envelope. What I am saying is that Public Mobile sometimes sends sim cards are a regular letter, the same as if you mailed a postcard to someone.

Moemoemoe

I got my sim card in about 4 days. Sometimes there’s a random delay. I also did not get a tracking number. 

@Dunkman wrote:

@chacko_justin wrote:

Hello There,

I had ordered for a public mobile SIM card on 16th July, 2020 and made the payment. On 17th July, I received an email confirming that my SIM has been shipped and on the way to me. So far I have not received my SIM card. Could you please provide an update. The shipping address is 

Thank you

@chacko_justin 

Did you receive an order number from Public mobile?  If you did, you can check status of order via Canada post.  Probably take at least one week.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-to-track-your-SIM-card-order/m-p/...

I will dare say again that I believe that information to be out-of-date. Public Mobile now often sends sim cards without tracking. Following these instructions will sometimes not help with tracking down the shipment by Public Mobile, and will sometimes send customers incorrect infromation from a different shipment that's not from Public Mobile.  There was a time that this technique worked for tracking all Public Mobile shipments, but that's no longer the case.

@chacko_justin wrote:

Hello There,

I had ordered for a public mobile SIM card on 16th July, 2020 and made the payment. On 17th July, I received an email confirming that my SIM has been shipped and on the way to me. So far I have not received my SIM card. Could you please provide an update. The shipping address is 

Thank you

@chacko_justin 

Did you receive an order number from Public mobile?  If you did, you can check status of order via Canada post.  Probably take at least one week.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-to-track-your-SIM-card-order/m-p/...

You should remove your personal info by clicking on the three dots.  It may take two to three weeks due to the pandemic.

chacko_justin

Hello There,

edited by computergeek541: adddress and phone number removed

smilesjam

Thanks a bunch will do that.

I'd normally advise against it - since SIM cards can be obtained directly from the carrier (PM) or from their "official" retailers - but there's always the option of purchasing a PM SIM card through unofficial channels like ebay vendors.

@Civic_Ewrote:

I should have ordered 10 SIM cards when PM was giving them out for free :(. back in 2016 I just ordered one out curiosity to see how their service was. Soon after they started offering promo after promo and i got hooked.

Oh, you mean back when there was an unofficial limit of 1 sim card per order and if you ordered more than 1, they would still just send only one sim card.

This also happens be back when it took 2 months for them to arrive.  So, even if you wanted to become a customer, you couldn't.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541wrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

You will need to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, giving them your  phone number and  4 digit PIN,  Account email address, order number confirmation .

Detailed explanation of specific your issue

them can help you a lot nice service 

good luck

If the OP ordered a sim card and has not yet activated the account, this is not the information that would be provided to the moderators.  Uniil a Public Mobile account is opened, there simply is no Public Mobile phone number,  no 4 digit pin, nor is there yet any account e-mail address to speak of.  But, I do agree that moderator can assist to update the status on the sim card or to send a replacement.

I should have ordered 10 SIM cards when PM was giving them out for free :(. back in 2016 I just ordered one out curiosity to see how their service was. Soon after they started offering promo after promo and i got hooked.

@Anonymouswrote:

You will need to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, giving them your  phone number and  4 digit PIN,  Account email address, order number confirmation .

good luck

If the OP ordered a sim card and has not yet activated the account, this is not the information that would be provided to the moderators.  Uniil a Public Mobile account is opened, there simply is no Public Mobile phone number,  no 4 digit pin, nor is there yet any account e-mail address to speak of.  But, I do agree that moderator can assist to update the status on the sim card or to send a replacement.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it is through Canada post, then anything can happen!

Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's strange, usually it takes 5-7 business days to get it. 

You should contact the moderators by clicking here and providing them with your order number and details. They should be able to resolve this issue for you. Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.