cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAITING FOR COMPLETE PORT SINCE 11/17

aphantom
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is ALL CAPS what I need to do to get some service?

I missed an very important phone call because of this!

I've tried to be patient but I paid $120 for a service that hasn't worked correctly for a week.

Pardon my language but..... WTF?!

22 REPLIES 22

TheBlue

I've sent in a couple of messages - they have not been read yet.

VR

Zwei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Same problem. I send private messages to mods but no response since nov. 18.

manilablitz19
I just did, thank you.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Rockdaddy22

lemonflavour

No, I cannot receive calls on either sim. Any feedback from Mods will be greatly appreciated.

manilablitz19
I'm having the same issue, it's been a week and still can't get incoming calls, how long does it take to port a number, or maybe there's issue wind Mobile I should know...

Rockdaddy22
It definitely is unreasonable, I agree. It's just the situation right now. Does your old sim still work?

lemonflavour

I think it's unreasonable not being able to receive calls for a week. Are there refund options? I need to get this sorted out. Can any Mod help me with this?

Rockdaddy22
It's hard to say right now, about a week unfortunately. Sometimes faster sometimes longer 😞

lemonflavour

I'm having the same issue. Can any Mod help? What is a reasonable amount of time to fix this issue?

Rockdaddy22
I don't think it's luck, I've heard of similar things in the past.

TheBlue

I find that any text messages sent to me from a Telus or PM phone go to my PM sim card, all others go to my old Rogers SIM.

Could just be my luck though....

TheBlue

So I get it, leaving positive posts earns Bravos and potential credits in this forum.

With that said, the post you pointed out is old - very old. For a new customer, a welcome of "oops we over-committed" and then dead silence does not feel right...

And... I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for regular general updates, maybe twice a day for an acknowledged issue that is affecting so many people.

As far as using my old sim - well, not everyone has the cash handy to run with two cell phone bills at the same time, especially since many people joined this offer to save money.

Regarding the billing adjustment - why would I have any confidence that they will respond to such a request based on my first experience with PM.

I'm not trying to bash Public Mobile... I just would like some feeling that there is an end in sight to this.

Rockdaddy22
I see, that definitely sucks.

clh

I'd love to just use my old SIM card but services are only partially working. Some calls / SMS go through, others do not. I get people telling me they've been messaging and calling me all day, and I get no notifcation, I'll swap to the PM SIM and messages come through but then I can't send a reply. 

mimmo

If old the old sim works why not use that till the port is complete?  PM will likley adjust your billing period according to when the port is complete.

coolchef
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in a similar situation. I ported on 11/19 and my phone with the ported # works however my account with Bell is still active. They are waiting on the cancelation request from PM. Ive attempted to get satisfation from the customer service email twice and twice through the web but no response. As of right now I am holding 2 wireless accounts. If I cancel with Bell on my own, I will not be able to port the # thus have to get a new #. In the meantime, they are baffled as to how I can use the # with PM if the account with Bell is not cancelled???

PM, please recolve this issue ASAP or my fears about a no frills provider will come true! I know you are busy with the lates PROMO but hey...first impresions are very long lasting and you may see a few of us newbies jump ship after 90 days.

CC

Rockdaddy22
They don't find them acceptable at all, their doing their best to get through this as quick as possible. They know they've made a lot of mistakes and they're trying to make it right.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074#U1050...

clh

Same boat here. Waiting since 11/18. Failed port. Old SIM only partially works. Not recieving calls/messages, it seems like it's split between SIM cards. 

Growing increasingly impatient. 

Rockdaddy22
Does your old sim not work still?

TheBlue

Same here - this is getting silly.

I'm not sure how Public Mobile finds these delays acceptable.

It's one thing to say online self-service - it's another to just offer no service after taking payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.