Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving forward together

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Public Mobile community,

I want to thank all of you for your interest in Public Mobile’s fall promotion, which expired last night at midnight. The interest we have seen has been overwhelming and we are so happy to welcome all of you to our brand!

We realize many of you are still experiencing issues and I want to assure you that our team is continuing our focus on resolving customer issues faced during the promotional period.  This is our number one priority.

To accelerate resolving our backlog of issues we have our core support team working overtime, and we have asked for extra help throughout the organization. In addition we have our systems folks doing deep dives into the issues we’ve seen to find solutions ASAP.

I thank you for the patience you continue to show, and I look forward to continuing our conversation on the community as we move forward together.

Sincerely,

Dave.

218 REPLIES 218

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dave_M yah i have been sending PM but no one is reading it. I have been seeing Mod's are replying to people related to reward issue!!! come on some of us have bigger problem than resolving reward issues

imcphers

@ShawnC13

Normal was - put a question/issue into the moderators and have a solution/response within an hour.

If you tagged them in a post they jumped right in with a comment.

The service was fantastic.

Hopefully we return to "normal" over the next couple of weeks.  The support model really worked well when there wasn't such a high influx of new customers with issues.

saje_ward

Thank you Dave. So how do we get support?  I have been charged $270 and I have no service.

I have sent the following message (with the full details, I have edited for this post) via PM to @Jeremy_M but welcome actual help in the interim.

I am (attempting to be) new to the PM community. I just tried to activate my new SIM and port my Telus account 613####. My email address is ######. When I got to the final page, after entering payment information it said that the account activation had failed (even though I received two text messages on 613-####which is my alternate number). When I tried to do it again I am being told that the SIM is invalid. The number of the SIM is 8912230000287...... There is a charge of $135.60 from Telus Pre auth on my VISA and a $120 charge from Public Mobile as well. I am not able to log in to my account to see it or make any changes. I did try both my email address (#####) and my spouse's email address (####) and neither is recognized by the system.

My Telus account number  (for both phone numbers) is #######. The account is under #####. The Telus account is active and our contract with them ends on the 28. When I called they said that we could port anytime.

The SIM card is not being read by my phone, it says it is not activated, and my Telus SIM still works just fine.

I have a second PM SIM for my spouse's phone. Which I have now activated. Problems with that are listed below.

I have also emailed PM. Yes the phone is unlocked, we've used it in several countries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second phone was activated this morning. The SIM for that one is 89122300002878..... I tried to use the phone above as the referrer but was unable to so I left it blank. Please rectify that once we get this all resolved.

I opted to do the port later since I had problems above. I did successfully activate the SIM. The account number is  ######. I attempted to port in my number from Telus (6######)  on the “plans and add ons” but the whole page is riddled with errors. After multiple attempts I am giving in to the red text telling me to contact Public Mobile for assistance.

My Telus account number  (for both phone numbers) is ###. The account is in my name ####. The Telus account is active and our contract with them ends on the 28. When I called they said that we could port anytime.

I appreciate your help as I see that there are many like me who are having problems. I am sure that you are up to your ears in requests for help.

We are happy to have the $120 and 90 days for each account start on the day that proper service commences for both.

Thank you

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the update and to all working overtime to get the issues resolved and all these people back with a functioning phone!!  Hope things settle down and will be a little more "normal" around here.  I don't know what normal around here is as I came in on the promo but I can't imagine what I have seen here in 3 weeks is normal state.  Great community that do a lot to help out others and try to resolve issues before requiring a mod.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ToniCipriani

Should we continue to use PMs, or should we use the Support ticket system? I have PMs from last Thursday still unread, whole situation seems very disorganized.

doucanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thnaks for the update, glad to know you're doing something about the backlog.

Civic_E

@Dave_M Hey Dave,

Can't port my Freedom Mobile (WIND) number to PM. It's been 3 days without service! Still paying WIND and PM. I am not rich like you. Otherwise I would have been with Rogers

jlm1991
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the reply Dave.   Glad to see the company is orking on fixing issues for many people

Need Help? Let's chat.