cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to re-port my number ?

StephanieD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So I have been having issues since my stuck port one week ago. I transfered over from Bell and immediately got a welcome text from PM. My data seemed to work and text messages out went to my husbands PM without issues. Calls coming in did/do not go to the PM phone, but still to the Bell phone/sin card.

Currently that's where I sit. I carry around during 2 phones, one for outgoing and one for ongoing (as well as a work phone). I have pm'd a mod and posted once or twice but am trying to be patient, as I know the backlog is crazy and I'm not the only one.

My question is, can I attempt to re-port the phone again ? Is there anything I can do from my end to make it go faster? Is it an issue with Bell (cause their system is still active and my bell sim still works ?) Should I call them ?

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.I am getting beyond frustrated!! And paying for 2 services !
5 REPLIES 5

StephanieD
Yeah. Will have to see. Im certainly getting frustrated.

I know there is a backlog, and I understand they are busy. But in my opinion it wouldn't take too long or be asking for too much to communicate a little bit with your customers. I send a private message and I can see that it hasn't even been read yet. That was a week ago. If they took an extra second to reply and give an eta on how long before someone addresses the issue, people wouldn't feel so left out in the dark. It doesn't exactly paint the best picture of a company from the get go. Which is a shame.

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't know if Twitter is "better" - there were some people claiming to have had success that seemed faster through that avenue.

Not having clear insight into how the backend system works and how the issues are queued up for resolution make it very difficult to trust that your message has been received and will be addressed.

I sent one message during the promo window and it took the moderators 7 days to respond.  If you haven't seen anything after 1 week I would put  in a follow up message.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

StephanieD
Thanks very much for your replies. I will not attempt to call bell or re-port. Change over attempt was one week ago today. Private message to mods sent the following day.

My husband ported over from Roger's in a matter of an hour or two without issue and my mother from Bell just the day or two before mine with no real issues either. I'm not sure what happened to mine.

I guess there isn't too much else I can do ? I don't have twitter to contact any of the mods. Does that seem to be the best way to get results?

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can't re-port your number. I wouldn't call Bell since they still think they own your number and I wouldn't want to risk loosing it.  You could try reaching out over twitter to see if that helps get some attention for your issue.  How long ago did you send the private messages?

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can try it but I think you will get an error message.  I hope a mod can fix your issue today because it's been a week now and they should be able to get to your porting issues by now.

@Shazia_K @Mary_M could one of you please chime in?

Need Help? Let's chat.