cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher not working…

Juicytick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My current plan is 45.20 after tax, I got a 45$ voucher, allows me to add it , but never actually does anything. I can keep adding it and it says added to account funds but theres no place to view account funds… i cant even change my plan to a cheaper one to use the voucher. Ill be changing companies if this doesnt get resolved. You have to post questions in a community to get any human help, Ridiculous. 

20 REPLIES 20

Juicytick

Sorry its just frustrating that I would need to contact support about a voucher code. Thanks for trying to help! Support has added the code now and its showing in my account finally. Thanks everyone for the help I appreciate it 

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry, misunderstanding on my part.

Juicytick

Ive done this about 45 times including trying to add on the 611 number , 

Juicytick

If you read my previous replies you would see that Ive been doing that, its not hard i added it then redeemed it, didnt work. I have a problem and you saying Im not pressing redeem button just isnt helping. Thanks tho

Joe_G

It's still not clear to me what you are doing. The 'Add' button does not add funds to your available funds, it only adds the voucher to a list ready to redeem. It is only after pressing 'Redeem Payment Voucher' that the funds are added to available funds. You must first press 'Add' and then press 'Redeem Payment Voucher'.

Juicytick

Thanks for all the replies Ive finally got in contact with support (over personal messages) 

Juicytick

I was pressing redeem and it even gave me the message saying I successfully added the voucher, but it wouldn’t add, and i could ‘add’ it an infinite amount of times. 

Joe_G

I think you may be missing a step. It's a two step process. Step 1 is adding the voucher. Step 2 is redeeming the voucher. It will not show up in your available funds after step 1. It will show up in available funds after step 2. Go back and look for the link to redeem.

Redeem Voucher.jpg

@Juicytick   No phone number, no customer support area. Just frustration of a lack of customer care

The customer service agents are reachable by the methods we suggested if you go back through the thread, I haven't needed them often but when I did they responded quickly and fixed the problem.  I didn't find it any worse than being put on hold for phone support elsewhere, better in fact, but sometimes when there's a lot of questions they may take longer to answer.  Open a ticket or send them a private message as suggested if you still see a problem after 24 hours.  Once you have contacted them they will reply at the envelope icon top right of this page or, if no envelope, tap your avatar to the right of the bell icon and Messages are in the drop down menu.  

Gotta  keep clear the cache or go incognito. Use another browser. 

Public mobile does not have telephone support. We, the Community, are literally 🙄  if you look back at my messages or @Phil_Adelphus,  message there's links in there how to contact them.

Hope it shows up soon!!

Juicytick

I just checked and says available funds 0.00 even after just paying now with my debit. Ill try again and again in 24 hours. 

Screenshot_20240117_183836_Samsung Internet.jpg

@Juicytick So I did this one time a few months ago to test it. It showed up in my available funds. So if you go back to payment history it should show you there you don't need to pay anymore.

I think your good. This is what mine looked like when I did it. The next month it used the voucher and charged my card the difference. 

Juicytick

Ill try waiting 24 hours. Im not seeing this ‘subscribe’ toggle button anywhere. Im unaware of how to get ahold of customer support, it seems you almost literally have to jump though hoops to get any kind of real help on this website. No phone number, no customer support area. Just frustration of a lack of customer care. Thanks for your replies tho 

Juicytick

The message says ‘ voucher successfully added to your account funds ‘ something simple like that. Then i go to pay and payment method is unchangeable. 

@Juicytick  I don't know much about using vouchers but it's been said that some need a 24 hour period before they kick in.  It apparently depends where you buy it.  But if you've done vouchers before you probably already know this.  If you don't want your current payment method to autopay you need to log in to your account and toggle "subscribed" off.   Rather than losing the $45 I would still contact customer service to see what they can do about it.  

That shouldn't matter. I do know that a few people have complained about vouchers not working.  

To remove payment method, you would turn the Subscribed off. But not sure if you want to do that yet...

What is the message your getting?

Juicytick

I was able to switch to the current 34 dollar plan. However the voucher still doesnt work. It gives me a message saying the voucher was successful added but it doesnt work. It must be because i have a current payment method already on the account Im guessing. So essentially Ive been ripped off 45$ because this voucher doesnt work on *611 or on the online site 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Juicytick   If you can't get the chatbot to work another option is to send support a private message using this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You might want to look at the $34 for 50GB plan to save a bit of money, unless the $19 for 1GB would be enough data for you.   Hopefully customer service can get things working again for you.

Juicytick

I just tried that it made absolutely no difference. Maybe because i have an active debit card on the account. So I’ve been ripped off 45$? I cant remove payment methods

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Juicytick can you log out and sign back in incognito? Unfortunately,  Public Mobile is all online.  But if you have account related questions regarding your account use the chatbot to contact public mobile directly. 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

To change your plan click on Subscription and it will show you what's available to switch to. Unfortunately,  there isn't much of value in my opion  for existing members. 

Need Help? Let's chat.