cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voucher Pin Fail

vitaholani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My voucher pin is not working. I've tried it thru my account various times as well as thru call but it still isn't working. Does anyone know what to do?

19 REPLIES 19

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@vitaholani wrote:

My voucher pin is not working. I've tried it thru my account various times as well as thru call but it still isn't working. Does anyone know what to do?

Clear browser cache and cookies, disable any scriptblockers or adblockers, login Self-Serve and enter your payment code, logoff. Then wait 5 or 10 minutes before logging in again to check the account.

When PM servers are slow it's better to let them process stuff at their own pace than to keep on urgently poking them again and again. Let the page hang as long as it likes without clicking other links or buttons or refreshes, it (usually) will eventually finish the task and report results. If you've already been "impatiently" prodding the glacial servers then it's often best to back off for an hour before trying again. In my experience, multiple/repeated attempts just make it take longer for the system to accept payment.

The *611 IVR is sometimes just as slow. It (almost) always responds immediately - thank you for your payment! - but it doesn't always get around to actually processing the payment very quickly.

@softech 

Customers were rightfully angry and so should we.....because we look like idiots as well. Didn't you notice the problem vouchers came from tried, tested and true retailers that members had purposely purchased to check validity?

1. Wal-Mart (although anything about them I take with a grain of salt.)
  2. London Drugs
  3. Petrocan
  4. 7/11
  5. Circle K ( I didn't know about them but now we do!)
  6. zehrs (still not sure on validity but they are under the Loblaws banner)

So here we are highly recommending the very vouchers that were the problem getting redeemed!

@Anonymous 

I think pm owes us that cross country tour....to Toronto at least with 3 nights in a hotel, a welcome reception, working luncheon to provide feedback and a dinner/social!😉🥂🍾

I always wonder if there is any agent actively monitoring the posts here.  

I saw those posts and I already questioned if there is an issue with voucher.  If there was an agent on duty monitoring, it won't be missed .. The agent does not need to answer all the posts but at least pay attention to "trend" and post an announcement. 

Honest, I saw some anger from couple of those posts, who know if PM already lost some accounts from the weekend.

Sorry, said too much  (glad I got the Holiday bonus already.. )  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

For this kind of active, crowd-sourced, support concept - it really and truly would be so vastly better if just an acknowledgment of a trend is recognized and posted.

That way the site would have the heads up, the complaining customer would be informed and everybody would go away happy.

But communication around here has always been thus so I continue to not hold my breath.

@J_PM 

Thank you for the update. Perhaps the next time an issue like this first appears a heads up to even the oracles so they can pass on the information to the community will allow us to direct affected customers to contact customer support immediately to have the CSA's add them rather than asking the customer to wait out payment system one hour lock outs and continue trying hopelessly in vain to add them while risking service suspension or lost services and causing unnecessary grief and ultimately reflecting poorly on public mobile.

Good communication is the key to giving good customer service.

@darlicious 

I notified our internal teams, there was indeed a bug over the weekend impacting some vouchers. Our reporting indicates the issue is now resolved. 

Thanks, 

Jade 

@vitaholani   glad it works.. i hope this is the end of the voucher issue this weekend

@vitaholani 

Hopefully pm fixes this issue sooner rather than later.

Do you have a card registered for autopay to recieve the $2 reward? If not and you would like to earn the $2 reward but still pay with vouchers I can give you a credit gift card # to register. Private message me if that interests you.

vitaholani

CSA was able to manually submit my voucher pin in from their end thru my ticket. I really appreciate all of ur guys help! 

@jerjon 

Thank you for sharing your experience. The regular members have been noting this apparent system failure. Hopefully pm sits up and takes notice soon and addresses this issue and compensates affected users that lose service. I would suggest you contact customer support and ask for a $10 credit....a reported credit given previously for a customer experiencing a 24 to 48 hour loss of service.

jerjon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This was a public mobility system failure.

My purchased voucher, same retailer I always use (Walmart) was good, it has been the public mobility system failure to accept voucher payments, since Friday afternoon (Dec 4th) for me, and not able to through either dashboard, 1-855 or *611 methods.

My phone account shut down for past day+ because of public mobility system failure to be able and make voucher payment...Not Cool!

This is the second time, in past year, that I've experienced this, and each time have been community posts made by other customers obviously experiencing same problem at same timing.

It is NOT a vendor issue, it is not a bad voucher number issue (as voucher worked fine at later time).... it is a still unresolved Public mobility system failure issue!

@vitaholani 

Hopefully the CSA's will check its validity and be able to add it for you or just credit your account. 7/11 vouchers are normally immediately valid upon purchase.

@J_PM 

Is this a new glitch for pm? There have been at least 5 customers in the last two days who have been unable to add vouchers from retailers that have been tried, tested and true to be immediately valid upon purchase including 7/11, London Drugs and Petrocan and not tried and tested but Circle K as well.

vitaholani

I get it from 711 every month. I've never had this problem in the past 2 years since being with public mobile, until now. I submitted my ticket already. I hope they can figure this out

@vitaholani 

I will reiterate along with the fact that not all retailers have immediate validity of pm vouchers. Some take up to 24 hours to become valid. Please wait at least 24 hours before you contact customer support.

Both self serve and 611 only allow two attempted payments any one time. You then have to wait one full hour before trying again.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@vitaholani wrote:

@vitaholani 

Yours must be the fourth or fifth complaint I see since around 5pm today.

If you want to contact CS, here are the links:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue {Payment[  > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

7th one in the past 2 days..

@vitaholani 

If you tell us the specific retailer you purchased from we may be able to give you more specific validity wait times.

I can tell you pm vouchers purchased from 7/11, SDM, Shell stations and London Drugs are all immediately valid upon purchase. Both self serve and 611 only allow two attempted payments any one time. You then have to wait one full hour before trying again.

Be sure to use the 12 digit pin # listed on the voucher.

More info and real examples of vouchers can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vitaholani : Seems to be a thing going around like a virus.

If there are more than 1 set of 12 digit numbers then use the one called PIN.

Where did you get it from?

611 is usually better.

But it would seem you'll need to contact the CSA's to redeem it.

Need Help? Let's chat.