cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification stuck.

green1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This afternoon someone left me a voicemail, when I tried to retrieve it the voicemail system was acting really weird there was extreme lag, like probably about 30 to 40 seconds, between each prompt in the voicemail system. I deleted the message, but my voicemail indicator has been stuck on on my phone ever since.

My phone is a Samsung zfold 3 running the latest software.

What I have tried so far:

- leaving myself another voicemail, then going in and deleting it.

- clearing the cache and data on the phone app

- clearing the cache partition on the phone

- multiple full reboots of the phone

None of these have solved the problem, at this point anytime I leave and reenter service area, or start the phone, I get a new notification for a new voicemail. The notification cannot be swiped away.

Apart from the above items that I have tried, the only other suggestions I can find online involve calling my carrier to see if it is something on their end. So if there's a moderator here who can check, that would be excellent.

6 REPLIES 6

There must be some voicemail issue yesterday.  There are multiple posts about long silence after calling VM, and then this one

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Greta hopefully it's just a passing glitch that a lot of ppl were experiencing and it is all rectified now, bc that can be frustrating as hell 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@green1 

Lol...a relief nonetheless. I'm happy to have helped...?🤔

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

green1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To be perfectly honest, I don't know what worked, but after the notification being stuck for over 8 hours, it's gone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@green1 

Fantastic! A voicemail password (pin) reset worked?!!

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@green1 

Hmmmm...shouldnt be your phone causing the issue since voicemail is on the network side. Checked mine so it's likely just your account. Maybe try a voicemail password reset and see if that kickstarts a fix? You can reset your voicemail password on the overview page in your self serve account.

Edit:

Now that I have done a little search there are several members reporting the same issue in the last 24 hours. Maybe this is a glitch that's a little more widespread. Maybe @J_PM  can look into it but you may want to contact customer support to open a ticket with the tech team.

Need Help? Let's chat.