cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE Option Greyed out

Cowboy1968
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have been a member for a few years and have a Motorola One 5g Ace unlocked and fully updated.  I was reading Public's text message regarding VoLTE, so I went and checked my phone and did not see any VoLTE option in the Mobile Network settings under NETWORK & INTERNET settings .  Using the keypad code *#*#4636#*#* I was able to access the phone information and I found that the VoLTE option is grayed out BUT is enabled.  Am I correct in thinking that as the option is being rolled out incrementally to members who joined Public before Feb 2023, that once they get to my account the option will become available  in settings?

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Cowboy1968 do you mind to post your *#*#4636#*#* screen?

there are some lines about IMS, would like to see what you got

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cowboy1968 after entering *#*#4636#*#* and going into phone info tap the vertical 3 dots at the top right of the screen and select "IMS Service status".   If IMS Registration shows "registered" then you are good to go.  If it shows "not registered" then likely your profile has not been enabled yet.

This phone is "compatible" with VoLTE  and I personally know of this device working with VoLTE now on Koodo prepaid (same Telus network)

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

There's no notification unless they think you have an incompatible device. 

Have you tried turning off wifi and adding if it stays on LTE when you make a phone call?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Cowboy1968 , the VoLTE rollout for existing customers is incremental.  I think customers receive text messages when their accounts are enabled.  The hidden menu can provide VoLTE status for the account.  However to be able to use VoLTE the phone must also be compatible.  I would say it also needs to be on the Public Mobile short list.  

Need Help? Let's chat.