cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using someone else's credit card?

blpoirier1982
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm trying to sign my parents up for Public Mobile and they don't have a credit card or a visa debit.  I went to use mine but it wouldn't work ofcourse.  Anyway around this? It's too bad people can't pay by direct deposit out of their chequings account.  Will a prepaid visa card work?

14 REPLIES 14

@BruceRoberts   Actually address on account does not matter for PM credit card payment.  What needed are just: credit card number, expiry date,  Postal code and CVV. 

BruceRoberts
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When your credit card expires you have to renew it and it will not renew without the correct address...

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I would suggest that you do NOT use a prepaid card as any savings at PM will be lost on the purchase of a prepaid card..ie a $25 card is liable to cost you $30. Why not get a CC with a $1000 limit that you only use for your parents?

Hi @BruceRoberts PM does not use address to validate credit card.  Al they use is CC number, CCV, Name and only the postal code associated with the card.  Address does not matter

BruceRoberts

I use my Visa Debit to pay for several PM accounts. Make sure the same info is used that you used when you set up your card. Eg. same street address, postal code etc...

shinchu99

@blpoirier1982 you can buy public mobile vouchers at shopper drug mark they sell like $ 40 - $20- i think $10 cant remember just load it into your account but if i where you i would load up 6 month or so depends what plan you get. until you figure it out on your credit card or the pre paid credit card. 

hope this help for you 

Cheers 🙂 🙂 

@blpoirier1982  Happy you got it figured out 

blpoirier1982

Thank you. Prepaid visa it'll be! 🙂

@blpoirier1982 voucher is a payment certificate.   You buy from store and apply cia *611 or load thorough My Account.   But it is more work if you want to activate by voucher.   Let us know if you need to activate by voucher and will walk you through 

@blpoirier1982  You get them from canadien tire circkle k 7-11 and entree code from the voucher 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@blpoirier1982   Prepaid Visa will work or if you have Debit Visa, then use that and your payments will sort of deduct from your bank every 30 days of renewal. 

blpoirier1982

Vouchers? What do you mean?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@blpoirier1982 in fact , It would work.  

PM is prepaid, and they don't really care who pays as long as someone paying . LoL

Make sure you have the correct CC info and postal code

Try to use Incognito mode as well

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@blpoirier1982  Can pay with vouchers and 611

Need Help? Let's chat.