cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my phone in France

JaniceJS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the $25 plan.  I also have almost 5 GB of data not used.  I have also 500 minutes of International long distance.

Can I use my data in France while not on wifi?  Will there be roaming charges? If so , how can I avoid that?  Can I pay to roam like you do for travelling in the US?

10 REPLIES 10

JaniceJS

Thank you for your reply.

JaniceJS

Thank you for your reply.  

JaniceJS

Thank you for your reply.  I am looking at the France SIM card thing.  

JaniceJS

Thank you for your response.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You can use several other methods/apps for the purposes you want, just need to find wifi. If you want more freedom to be able to use data when not around wifi, you would have to get a cheap option in France (sim. etc)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM does not offer service beyond this continent. For US you have to purchase appropriate US add-on valid for 10 days of service from the moment of purchase.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There is no way to use the Public service in France. You can use imessage while on wifi to other ios users. You can use a voip app for talk and text. You can get a France sim and plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You'll have no PM service while in France...and no add-ons available either.

You could get a free voip app like TExtNow which uses wifi to call most any US or CDN number for free.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM doesn't offer roaming other than the US and Puerto Rico.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Your phone will not work at all in France.

Edit there are no roaming add-ons other than USA which is the only place pm phones will work outside of Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.