cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use iPhone 13 in us

Donski51
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the $60 us plan, grandfathered.

will my iPhone 13 still work properly in us after the end of the year.  I understand most major players are changing from 3G.   Will my phone go to LTE automatically??  Expect to be south for approx 3 months

19 REPLIES 19

@gpixel- You know...I'm going to tentatively say...maybe. I doubt it. But maybe.. with your comment. Thanks for the possibility. Maybe the OP can test out the idea and let us know when he can.

@dust2dust 

they have a roaming plan. they should still have the ability to control it in the US

@gpixel- Forwarding breaks upon connecting to a US tower.

@Donski51 

since you have 2gb data you could just use textnow or any VoIP app to make calls. just forward the PM number to the text now number. I think text and data will be the most reliable 

@Donski51    Unfortunately, I don't think anyone here can guarantee that your roaming service will work without a hitch right now because of the 3G network shut down.  You maybe the one of the lucky ones where most of the time it'll work for you.  We've seen posts from some who haven't had (many) issues with the roaming and others who basically were lucky to get any and then had to ask for a refund, although in your case that won't apply.

As mentioned previously, try to put your phone into 2G network mode and connect to T-Mobile for the talk, but texting and data is not supposed to affected by the US carriers' changes, although YMMV.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dabr  Forgot about that plan.. not mentioned often.. probably same results as roaming addon.. hopefully the op lets us know the outcome..

Donski51

correct   Question is, will PM work down in Phoenix after end of the year???

Donski51

I’m in Vancouver, bought this deal a few years ago.  The big question is will my iPhone work while I’m sitting on my backside in Phoenix for 3 months after they shut down 3g

Donski51

That is my plan

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

@JK8   I think OP maybe on the discontinued Canada/US hybrid plan which allows for unlimited call/text plus 2GB data while in the US.

Okay thanks for the clarification.

@dust2dust 

Before my time….did they sell US calling plans at PM when located in the US?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JK8   I think OP maybe on the discontinued Canada/US hybrid plan which allows for unlimited call/text plus 2GB data while in the US.

Ok Donski51...hit us with your 2GB roaming data also. It was my assumption that that is your plan.

@Donski51 

I think those old plans with US calling is when you are located in Canada calling to the US.

Donski51

I have unlimited calling in the US on my grandfathered plan, hoping not to have to try mint or visible as they are also available to roam in Canada.   

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No one knows what this place will do. For now, the only talk choice is T-Mobile on their old 2G network. Manually connect to T-Mobile. The text and data should work fine. The 3G thing is all about talk. Your phone needs to be able to switch down to 2G. You might be able to set it to 2G also.

Reliable talk roaming is waiting for VoLTE to be rolled out ...if it ever does.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Donski51  us service is only thru addon.. if you’re not in Canada 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Donski51 

That plan is to call the US while you are in Canada. If in the US you need a US roaming add on. It would be cheaper to buy a sim while down there.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Donski51   Your phone will still work but with limited service, from time to time and depending where you are in the USA, if you have a USA add on. Your probably better off trying to get a cheap local sim card and plan while in the USA.  You could also use a VoIP app , while on wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.