cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use 3G band on LTE plans?

Lonetreejim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in a rural Ontario community and get only 1 bar (or less) of signal when the phone is on LTE.  3 bars on 3G.  I’m on the $15 3G speed plan but I’m contemplating switching to the $35/mth 20GB plan.

I keep hoping Bell/Tellus (or Rogers for that matter) will build something closer but, as of now, no joy.

The 20GB plan is listed as an LTE plan.  Will it work (albeit at slower speed) on the 3G network?

5 REPLIES 5

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Or if you want more calling do the 25 dollar plan anything more is probably pointless 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Lonetreejim yes you can. 

the plan you sign up with is the speed, not access to the specific network.  Any Om subscribers can  freely use 3g or 4g or 5g  network they choose to 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lonetreejim  Yes it will work but also note The 20GB for $34 you will have to pay $102 upfront with 60 GB for 90 days to work out to $34 a month 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I'm on the 3G plan myself. In all honesty, if you're here to save money, then stick with what you have. If you want faster internet then bump up to a 4G plan. But I prefer to save money as I have WiFi everywhere. JMO.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lonetreejim , the 3G/4G/5G speed plans is a marketing schtick for speed caps.  All plans can connect to the 3G/4G/5G networks.  You should have no problems with plan upgrades.

Need Help? Let's chat.