cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming issues, can send, but not receive

karen73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone experience this problem?

I purchased the 10 unlimited text.  I can send text, my husband can receive (he also purchased), he can send text, but I can not receive unless I am connected to wifi?  

7 REPLIES 7

karen73

This was the exact problem!  Thank you!!!

karen73

Thanks.  We ended up finding an SMS/MMS setting that was turned off.  All fixed and working now!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@karen73 wrote:

I purchased the 10 unlimited text.  I can send text, my husband can receive (he also purchased), he can send text, but I can not receive unless I am connected to wifi?  

@karen73 

Buying an addon is a Two-Step Process, be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

Ensure you have successfully added the US Roaming Addon to your account.

Check your Plan Details area to make sure the addon is listed. It should show up listed here: 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

If it does not show up, and the $s are still showing in your Available Funds area then go back and add the addon to your account.

For US Roaming Addons (only for use whilst you are in the USA); and last 240 hours from the point of adding them successfully to your account.

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, if possible, manually search and select T-Mobile's network.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@karen73 

You should still be able to recieve SMS texts regardless if you have a US roaming add on or not. You cannot recieve MMS, RCS or iMessage unless you have a US roaming data add on or in the case of iMessage if you have wifi.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@karen73   

if you are on iPhone, do this to turn off iMessage and force sending of text only:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
  2. Toggle iMessages switch to off

@karen73 wrote:

For an Android device, try turning off RCS chat features. For an iPhone, try enabling the SMS option.  SMS doesnt actually require data or any type of internet connection.  I suspect that your phone is routing the messages through the use of chat features that require internet.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@karen73 wrote:

@karen73   You are sending iMessage or RCS, not really sending regular text, that's why you need Wifi.  Are you on iPhone or Android?

Need Help? Let's chat.