cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent problem with my SIM activation

niloo_k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public Mobile Customer Support Team,

I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment with the recent experience I have had with your service. My account has been blocked due to a payment issue for my december payement which is weird for itself!!!. As a result, I have been unable to access data, make phone calls, or send messages. Moreover, I have not been able to access my account on your website.

Your colleague advised me to purchase a voucher for $23 to cover the problem and an additional $25 for my next month payment in order to activate my SIM. I followed this advice and purchased a $57 voucher, which I promptly provided to your team. However, despite having done so, my account remains blocked, and the problem has not been resolved.

This situation has caused me significant inconvenience and frustration as I don't have access to my school and work accounts because I need to get codes via SMS, and I would appreciate it if you could take swift action to resolve the issue. I kindly request that you investigate this matter promptly and provide me with an update on the status of my account. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

7 REPLIES 7

>. I have a ticket and send them the voucher, they say that they are gonna check but they are not answering any more!

@niloo_k 

so, you just gave them the voucher number earlier today?   Please note PM support usually reply within couple hours

If they still have not reply you yet, they will likely answer you  in the morning.  Again, if no reply on the morning and account still suspended, reply on the same message thread Ms push for am update

As to why it runs into this situation, check with the  credit card and confirm if there was a charge back with a PM payment.  Or maybe a charge back for a Telus/Koodo payment.  Please be aware that PM occasionally post the charge using Koodo or Telus as the merchant 

If you had gone through some fraudulent credit card problems and in that the bank revoked or charged back some charges and this was one of them (or more) then this is the result. To this company, you had enjoyed free service at some time, for some time. They tend to frown on that.

So you might be relegated to having to pay with vouchers for a year until they see that you aren't charging things back anymore.

@niloo_k wrote:

My account is suspended for just a day, they say that the reason in some problem with your payement in december. It is being revoked by the credit card holder which makes no sense!

That means that someoe contacted the credit card company to reverse the charges.  If you are using a family member's or a friend's credit card for payment, you need to talk to that person.  When there's a credit card charge back, that means that Public Mobile has not been paid.  If it's your credit card, please contract you bank to figure out what has happened.

niloo_k

My account is suspended for just a day, they say that the reason in some problem with your payement in december. It is being revoked by the credit card holder which makes no sense!

@niloo_k wrote:

I am writing to express my frustration and disappointment with the recent experience I have had with your service. My account has been blocked due to a payment issue for my december payement which is weird for itself!!!. As a result, I have been unable to access data, make phone calls, or send messages. Moreover, I have not been able to access my account on your website.

Your colleague advised me to purchase a voucher for $23 to cover the problem and an additional $25 for my next month payment in order to activate my SIM. I followed this advice and purchased a $57 voucher, which I promptly provided to your team. However, despite having done so, my account remains blocked, and the problem has not been resolved.

This situation has caused me significant inconvenience and frustration as I don't have access to my school and work accounts because I need to get codes via SMS, and I would appreciate it if you could take swift action to resolve the issue. I kindly request that you investigate this matter promptly and provide me with an update on the status of my account. 

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sorry, but  when an account has been suspended for the 90-day period that softech mentioned, your account would have been permanently closed.  Your only option would be to open a new account with a new phone number.

niloo_k

Thanks for your answer, no my account is being suspended for 1 day but they say that the problem is because your payement for september is being revoked by the credit card holder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a ticket and send them the voucher, they say that they are gonna check but they are not answering any more!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@niloo_k

first of all, we are all just customers like you and this is only an open forum for us to try to help.  I believe in your case, you have opened a ticket with support already and you should reply them with your current ticket.  You can reply them from your message thread on your Community inbox.

But I would still try to understand and see if I can help. 

You said your account was suspended in December? was it ever reactivate?  Account suspended over 90 days would have been closed permanently.  When did you open ticket with PM or when you provide them them the vochers?? was the account ever work after??  Can you still login to My account now?? if you call *611 from your phone or 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone and enter your number, does the system able to find your account??

Again, reply the message with support from your Community inbox.  Or if you cannot find it, open another ticket:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.