cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

cfinchfield
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I upgrade my plan do I lose my promotions?

Koodoo has a pretty attractive plan

$40.00per month

Save $50 connection fee when you shop online

• 8 GB of Shock-Free™ data.5,6 at 4G LTE speed

• Unlimited Canada-wide minutes1

• Unlimited international messaging (text & picture)2

• Available for Quebec residents only.

• Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling

• Additional data $13/100 MB
  • $50 connection fee applies when purchased in store
  • $0 connection fee when you order online!
  • $5 SIM card charge4
  • Optional Stream+ entertainment bundle

• Available for new activations only.

I would like to upgrade with Public mobile but I don't want to lose my promotions

Rewards
Loyalty- $1.00
Pre-Authorized Payments- $2.00
Community- $0.00
Refer-a-Friend- $1.00

Let me know what my options are
10 REPLIES 10

cfinchfield

Ok, that would make sense

Meow
Mayor / Maire

All rewards you mentioned are associated with Account not particular Plan. So as you change Plan rewards will be there. I suggest to schedule Plan change so rewards will be applied at that date. If you change Plan NOW rewards most likely will not be applied.

cfinchfield

Your new plan will take effect on your next renewal date and you won’t be charged until then. This changes replaces any other future-dated plan changes. After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion

Did you do a change plan now? But the rewards you list will not disappear. (they're not called promotions) Likely the poorly executed site needs to be refreshed. Use the little spinner refresh button to hopefully see any other changes. Or another browser or device.

If you do a change plan now then the rewards won't pay in. That is only done at the normal renewal.

cfinchfield

Well, I added the new plan to the cart and upon checkout, ALL my promotions were now gone. (Refer a friend, auto payments, etc) So I did not upgrade

cfinchfield

Well, I added the new plan to the cart and upon checkout, ALL my promotions were now gone. (Refer a friend, auto payments, etc)  So I did not upgrade

cfinchfield

Well, I added the new plan to the cart and upon checkout, ALL my promotions were now gone. (Refer a friend, auto payments etc)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That is a pretty good deal but Koodo is good at getting you in and then jacking up the plan like 5 bucks or so down the road.

You won't lose any of your rewards if you upgrade, the only exception to that is bonus data that you got when you activated your plan, like the 2Gb data bonuses, the consensus is you will lose that.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cfinchfield  your plan showing above is for Koodo only.  The $40 plan we have here is slightly different , not as attractive in terms of data amount or credits

But if you are staying with PM, changing plan would not affect the rewards you showed above

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cfinchfield , all rewards you currently have are unaffected by plan change.

Need Help? Let's chat.