cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Calls - Please help

waonn1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@ Beautiful people:

I am glad to join your network. After suffering from poor network reception in the area where I live, I finally made the switch to PM having seen the high approval ratings of existing PM subscribers.

The issue though is that I am not able to receive calls on the PM SIM. I am fortunate to have the old SIM card and the PM SIM in 2 separate phones. I can do everything on the old SIM card. I can make calls, access data(internet) on the PM SIM card, but I cannot receive calls(All calls go to the old SIM card). Just to add that before I removed the old SIM card, I replied "YES" to the line port authorization text message. I am completely at a loss with respect to what I need to do to correct this issue.

Has any body experienced this, and how was it sorted out? Is there a number (or chat message) I can use to get a human help?

Thanks for your help

-PM Newbie

4 REPLIES 4

waonn1

@esjliv: Thank you for additional contribution. Since I eventually got the problem solved by contacting CS_Agent (thanks @Timer for the fantastic lead), I thought I'd share my experience in the hope that someone else could find this useful too.

Apparently the IMEI number I supplied during registration was wrong. (I read that number off the Settings>General>About>Physical SIM section of my Iphone. I have no idea why that would be wrong). Anyways, they couldn't perform a successful number port with it. I was therefore asked to supply my account number with my previous cell service provider. With this information, a new port number request was sent to my previous provider, and it worked like a charm the second time.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in to helped. By the way, I think the idea of having a community for subscribers is a great one. Kudos to PM!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@waonn1 - since you did reply YES to the porting text, perhaps all you need is a restart of your phone with the public mobile sim card inside.

Also, perhaps perform a reset of the device's network settings to get your phone set up with the new provider's info.

waonn1

Thank you @ Timer, for the suggestion. I have sent @ CS_Agent a private message. I am looking forward to hear back from them.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@waonn1 

contact to support team by > CS_Agent  to check your porting.

Need Help? Let's chat.