cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z10

Kaiello
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will an unlocked Blackberry z10 work on public mobile? According to my search it will however please confirm.

10 REPLIES 10

Kaiello

I can confirm it works just won’t update which is fine for now for me thanks everyone for answering! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Since I was mentioned as some further testing results just today, the above is right on. A Canadian market Blackberry OS10 device works perfectly fine here for all services in its full capability.

No I would not buy one now. They no longer get any OS or security updates. They've been obsoleted. But they work. To this day I continue to feel that the OS10 was a far superior OS and the devices were rock solid. But it's dead.

@softech wrote:

@sure2806 wrote:

It works with 3G but not with 4g data

@sure2806 

Curious, why LTE does not work?  Z10 seems to have enough compatible 4G bands with PM.

Assuming that it's a variant that has the compatible LTE bands that Public Mobile uses, a Blackberry Z10 would work with the LTE network.

@sure2806 wrote:

@sure2806 

Curious, why LTE does not work?  Z10 seems to have enough compatible 4G bands with PM.

sure2806

@JL9 wrote:

my cousin's worked with PM but that was awhile ago, not sure how much it has changed since.

Sorry @JL9 , did you cousin  used to support Z10 when working with PM? 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Kaiello 

if you plan to buy this device then not buy it. 

if you have this device and you need ensure will be working fine then go to any store Telus or Koodo and them have SIM card for test.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

my cousin's worked with PM but that was awhile ago, not sure how much it has changed since.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Kaiello hi acording to willmyphonework.net it says your phone won't work here 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kaiello   we got a confirmation just this monring from another member , @dust2dust,  that talk/text/data all works fine, it has limitation, but it works. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Unlocking-sim-card-pin/m-p/864594/highlig...

I suggest if you already have one , test it out with a PM Sim card.  But if you are paying someone for it, maybe you want a newer device then.

Need Help? Let's chat.