cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated data plan not showing

Andes99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I upgraded my plan to 10g/mth after I used my 1gig 5 days ago.

I currently still do not have data - even though my account shows i have 9gig left. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Andes99 

It could be a provisioning issue. Go thru this list and test after each troubleshooting tip. Skip tip #3 and #6 as these won't help your issue. #4 Just remove sim card for 10 minutes if you don't have access to another phone.

1. Reboot your phone. ( You should do this once a week anyways.)
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove SIM card and set aside. Check for any dirt or debris in the SIM slot. Check the SIM card for dirt or damage and gently clean with a little alcohol and a cotton swab. After 10 minutes reseat the SIM card making sure the SIM fits snugly in the SIM slot. Use a paper shim or a little tape to secure it in slot/tray. Reinsert in the phone and reboot.
  4. Put your SIM card in another phone to see if it works and/or the other slot of a dual sim phone and try to connect to the internet. Then return the SIM to the original phone to see if the issue is still there.
  5. Perform a network reset.
  6. Clear the cache of the troublesome apps.(Try safe mode) Perform device maintenance.*
  7. Add a payment of at least $1 to your account balance.**
  8. Log in to your self serve account. Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and Reboot.***
  9. Contact customer support via Simple--Simon or private message.

*Will not help reprovision.

**Will not help a poor connection.

***Caution : Using lost/stolen w/active service even briefly will cause rewards to not apply upon renewal. You must contact the CSA's after renewal and ask for them to be applied manually. Also will not help a poor connection.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Andes99 

Could it be that your Cellular Data was disabled?

Check on @softech screenshot on the top setting.

@Andes99   iPhone does not have setting for data limit per month

did you try using different apps to access data?  try to download a different browser, try using app like Facebook/Instagram etc and see if it works

Check if you have disable some app for using mobile data by accident:

iPhone-MobileData.jpg

One last thing you can try is to Reset Network settings

Andes99

Hi, I can’t seem to find how set /change mobile data limits on iPhone 11. Found lots on android.

Andes99

Cycled off. No change.

. I seem to show I have data.

Andes99

Thanks. Tried this. Unfortunately no success.

edited by computergeek541: picture removed from message post

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @Andes99   Check if you have a Mobile data limit setup on your phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try cycling phone Off, then On.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe try a restart. Could you post an image of your overview page without anything identifiable.

Need Help? Let's chat.