cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessful phone transfer from bell to public mobile

Joel953
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone! I have trouble transferring my number to public mobile and am currently stuck with my temporary number. I have already paid for my public mobile subscription. The passcodes for the full access confirmation by Ever Safe doesn’t come through, apparently because I’m on my temporary number right now.

Can anybody help me with this problem? Thank you in advance!

13 REPLIES 13

Joel953

I only had ESims on this phone, but that's good to know! 

Joel953

It was not an option for me. My provider shows up as "Public Mobile", but it's a temporary number: I can call, but cannot be called to or send and receive any messages. 

Dman_dg

@Joel953 @And is your previous sim still in your phone? You have to leave it until everything is complete.

Dman_dg

@Joel953 @You can go into settings and activate it under cellular?

Joel953

Thanks, that seems to be the way. I now need to confirm my transfer manually at the store of my previous provider. I'm planning to re-trigger the transfer tomorrow at the store and get it done there.

Joel953

Thanks, that seems to be the way. I now need to confirm my transfer manually at the store of my previous provider. I'm planning to re-trigger the transfer tomorrow at the store and get it done there.

Joel953

Thanks, re-initiating the transfer seems to be the way. I contacted my previous provider, they told me to come to the physical store to confirm the transfer. I'm planning to go there tomorrow. Wish me luck 🙂

Dman_dg

@Chaphie you can select to have it go to email, I had to do that. Once set up, you can get them by text.

Chaphie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem here …can’t confirm my phone number as I don’t receive text message.

Dman_dg

@Joel953 - I had the same issue last night. I had to go into my settings and switch the esim to the correct account in Cellular.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can call the porting department for Public Mobile to have your porting request reinitiated. I’ll send you the number via private message. Click your avatar and click messages. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Joel953 

DM a CS_Agent to help you fix the temporary number to your old number at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Joel953 let's get your porting done first and your My Account access will work

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.