cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unnecessary calls from people to someone who used this number before

Alisongonsalves
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Sir/Ma’am,

last night I activated my new sim and since than I’m getting unnecessary calls and messages from people trying to contact someone called shane from outside of this country. What can be done as it’s not my fault and it’s mentally disturbing to get calls at unnecessary hours and I don’t want to loose money on international calls without my fault

6 REPLIES 6

Alisongonsalves

Thank you to all of you for giving suggestions as it was really helpful.

Alisongonsalves

Thank you so much it did help me as I was able to change my number and free from unnecessary calls and text…thank you again so much

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Alisongonsalves To add to what everyone else has written, you can't lose money when someone calls you. they could call from the moon and there is no charge to you. This is a prepaid service, no surprises, no bills after the fact.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alisongonsalves you picked a new number during activation?

If that is the case, you can choose a new number instead and hope for better luck.  As you know, most number are just re-distributed and the previous owner of that number could have left the number everywhere for promotion, etc  🙂

You can make number change at 4 times a cycle.  Please go to My Account, Profile page and click the Pencil (edit) icon and you can then change number there.  Pick a new area code in your area and you have better chance the number was used less

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Either Block the Numbers, Or, Change the Phone Number

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Alisongonsalves  Not much except change your number 

Need Help? Let's chat.