cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscribe to 3G plan

CC12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a SIM card on May 18th to go on a 3G plan for $25. (First phone, old lady). I received the SIM on May 25th only to find out that 3G was discontinued on May 24th. I just paid for the SIM and feel a little ripped off.

9 REPLIES 9

@Typhon 

just checked, using the web to activation cannot change to 3G plans

However, the app still gives you the 3G plan choices

3GPlans_Watermarked.jpg

@Typhon   best way is to use the app. All plans including the 3G plans are there

you can also use the web, but a bit of workaround.  Go to the plan page online, pick a 4G plan and click Subsribe online (no worry).  Just continue and create account.  Then before you complete the selection, you can change plan and then it will show you all plans there, including the 3G plan

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just switched over from Bell and am now on the unbelievable low $15 plan that by the way works great.  - some of my friends just can't believe it and when we - just yesterday tried too setup a new - refer a friend account the only options given were the 4G and 5G accounts --- Maybe there's a button that we missed - where is it?

Typhon

@softech wrote:

@CC12   no worry, the 3G plan $15 and $25 are both there still!!!

download the app, start the activation process and the plans are both there for you to select

Try ti

That's exactly what you advised others --- Where are these 3G account options for registering a new accounts.

@Typhon   the two 3G plans $25 and $15 are both there.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CC12   Two 3G plans are still available for new and existing customers, $15/250MB and $25/1GB.  These plans just aren't being advertised, most likely because PM is trying to steer customers towards the higher priced 4G plans. 

It's unfortunate PM has deemed it not worthwhile to not let customers know that lower priced 3G plans are still available.

Typhon

That's what I also thought that 3G plans would be  discontinued but others on this forum advised that they are still available -- I for example was on a 4G plan and fearing that the cheap $15 3G plans would be discontinued soI did switch to the  $15 3G plan and glad I didn't accept the advise of members. Maybe a senior member can give you solid advice without guessing or telling us to contact PM Customer service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CC12   no worry, the 3G plan $15 and $25 are both there still!!!

download the app, start the activation process and the plans are both there for you to select

Try ti

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe those cheaper plans are still available but you can only access them through the app

Need Help? Let's chat.