cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone

Elitsa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent 2 private messages (on yesterday and one today) to the mod team and I still have not received an answer to unlock my public mobile phone. Any idea how much time this takes? Thanks

edit: thank you all for your answers. Looks like I will have to wait. The phone was indeed purchased from public mobile a long time ago.

8 REPLIES 8

@popping wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Jarvar @popping PM doesn't any more, but did several years ago.  FYI @Elitsa has updated their original post to indicate it is indeed a phone purchased from PM several years ago.

@Elitsa

What is the name of your PM phone?

I am hoping it is not the previous PM CDMA phone which cannot be unlocked.

If it is a standard Telus phone offering a few years back, you may get your PM phone unlocked faster if you call Telus of Koodo than PM moderator over 48 hours wait time.

@Elitsa I say give Telus a try anyways, worst case scenario is that they say they can not help you. They may be able to tell you if the phone is capable of being unlocked.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@Jarvar @popping PM doesn't any more, but did several years ago.  FYI @Elitsa has updated their original post to indicate it is indeed a phone purchased from PM several years ago.

@Elitsa

What is the name of your PM phone?

I am hoping it is not the previous PM CDMA phone which cannot be unlocked.

If it is a standard Telus phone offering a few years back, you may get your PM phone unlocked faster if you call Telus or Koodo than PM moderator over 48 hours wait time.

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@Elitsa

Moderator wait time is 48 to 72 hours.

PM does not sell phones. Which provider supply your phone?  Contact that provider to get your phobe unlocked free of charge.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Elitsa

If you sent your message yesterday and another one today. You may have to wait longer. The standard wait time now seems to be in excess of 48 hours up to 72 hours to hear back from the moderators.

As for unlocking phones, I am not sure that Public Mobile does that since they don't sell any phones of their own.

Which carrier is the phone locked to?

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Elitsa

Moderator's response time is usually about 24 to 48 hrs. Patience is the key @ PM and it's usually rewarding eventually.

By the way, did you get the phone from a previous network provider? You may have to call your previous provider to unlock your phone. I'm not aware PM have phones though.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Elitsa, judging from feedback in this forum and my own personal experience, I would say response time is around 3 to 4 days.  Please do not send multiple messages for the same issue as that will slow things down further.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Elitsa

Unfortunately, the wait times are about 72+ hours.  The moderators have been really busy.  Was this phone originally from Public Mobile or Telus/Koodo?  If from Telus, you can call Telus to unlock.  Not too many phones locked to Public Mobile since it has not sold phones the last while....

Need Help? Let's chat.