cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfinished number transfer

Johnac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I initiated the number transfer and it seems stuck in progress. My phone still works on old provider except outgoing text.

on mobile all I can do is outgoing calls.

received a sms 48 hours ago and confirmed transfer . Received a message from public 20 hours ago stating they are working on it.

nothi g since.

send messages to CS_agent. Nothing back for over 24 hours. 

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Johnac   So you replied to the old provider's text message with YES  within 90 minutes of receiving it and then some time later you got a message from PM, what exactly did the PM message say, did it seem specific or was it along the lines of something went wrong and we'll be in contact?  To clarify, with the PM sim you can call out but not receive calls, and the old provider's sim mostly still works?

@Neil11 wrote:

Ongoing issue for new activations PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis. Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

As from the first post, the customer has already sent a message to the customer support agents.

@Johnac wrote:

I initiated the number transfer and it seems stuck in progress. My phone still works on old provider except outgoing text.

on mobile all I can do is outgoing calls.

received a sms 48 hours ago and confirmed transfer . Received a message from public 20 hours ago stating they are working on it.

nothi g since.

send messages to CS_agent. Nothing back for over 24 hours. 

Unfortunately, you'll need to wait for the response from a Public Mobile customer support agent as the text messaging issue is something that only they can fix.

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ongoing issue for new activations PM is working on a fix but for now, they can only resolve the issue on a case by case basis. Please open ticket with PM support by messaging CS Agent here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.