cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained Data usage.

Carlm1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I have an iphone 8. I am on the 15 dollar plan with 250 mb. My phone has been using excessive data, mostly software updates in system services even though i have only use wifi 

6 REPLIES 6

@dust2dust  Gotcha , guess I was just thinking about the fact you wouldn’t be able to use iMessage period if it’s off even when on wifi …but otherwise while away from wifi having turn off iMessage stands to reason the better plan … and I wasn’t questioning you @hycm53  just asking question and thank you @dust2dust  to bring me up to speed 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Turn off wifi assist
Turn off backup to icloud using mobile data and the auto-backup.
Check all apps and their data usage. Only allow those that you think you want to run when the phone is not on wifi.
Settings, itunes and app store - turn off use mobile data

@Handy1- I don't use Apple but iMessage can still send and receive sms texts when it's off. Fully functioning iMessages can use either wifi or cell data otherwise and still sms.

@hycm53  Would it maybe be best for OP to just turn off cellular data instead / turn on if needed .. I’m thinking if iMessages is turned off then even when on wifi iMessages won’t work .

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Carlm1 wrote:

Hi. I have an iphone 8. I am on the 15 dollar plan with 250 mb. My phone has been using excessive data, mostly software updates in system services even though i have only use wifi 

Turn off iMessage which is using data if not in WIFI.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carlm1 

probably just browser cache issue and you can still reading old cached page   

Please login My Account again using Incognito mode and you will see the correct usage 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Carlm1  Turn off background apps and leave it on wifi also check 

Try  again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675200971021.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.