cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undelivered messages to Android phone

gbranscombe1963
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My girlfriend has an iPhone and I have a Samsung Android phone. When she sends me a text message I receive the message but on her end it says undelivered. We have tried everything that the Apples Help community has suggested. Toggle SMS etc... Also when she sends messages to her son, who also has an Android phone, it does the same thing. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there something going on with the Telus Servers? 

TIA 

Gary

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gbranscombe1963 

Check the iMessage “Send & Receive” setting on her iPhone to see if the registered email match her iCloud account and the number matches her PM number.

Unclick and reclick the email and phone number for “You can receive iMessage to and reply from”. The iPhone will verify both.

You can leave on email for “Start new conversation from”.

@gbranscombe1963 wrote:

It's her phone, which is an iPhone sending to my Android, she gets undelivered. I do get the messages though

@gbranscombe1963 

What happens when she toggles her iMessage service off?

Does the green colored message on her iPhone then display as anticipated?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@gbranscombe1963 

Does she have an unstable data connection? If it's interrupted after sending the text she can get an undelivered message.

gbranscombe1963

She is using the latest version. 

gbranscombe1963

It's her phone, which is an iPhone sending to my Android, she gets undelivered. I do get the messages though

@gbranscombe1963 

Have your gf check if she is using the latest version of her messaging app.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@gbranscombe1963 on you gf's iPhone, delete the message thread to you and her son.  On her iPhone contact, ask her to delete your email addresses and her son"s from the 2 contacts. Then try sending the text again

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gbranscombe1963 

I don’t have the same messaging when going from Apple to iPhone and vice versa here.

Can you try her Sim card in a different iPhone device to see if the same messaging displays?

You could also try the following:

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options.

1. tap Messaging app, 

2. tap 3 little dots top right, 

3. select Settings, 

4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 

5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,

2. tap Messages,

3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

Need Help? Let's chat.