cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized porting of phone number out of Virgin Mobile

rinkoedo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi forum mods,

When the $120/12GB/3mth promotion was on, I created an account and started the registration process. In the process, I supplied my phone number and account number with the intention of keeping my old number. 

At the last step of the process, I didn't agree with some terms and conditions of the offer. As such, I never completed the account setup and porting request.

To my surprise, I was advised by Virgin Mobile that my number was ported out and line cancelled to Telus (Public Mobile). I was asked by Virgin Mobile to provide the phone number and account number in order to restore service. Since I never completed the account set up, I cannot provide the account number.

Can you please assist by providing me with a Telus (Public Mobile) account number so I can recover my old number?

You can contact me with email used to register my profile on this forum. 

Thanks you.

5 REPLIES 5

rinkoedo

I just spoke to the main call center at Telus. They have no record of my number on any system in Telus.

Unbelievable.

rinkoedo

Retagging mods to gain visbiliy. Please PM or email me to recover my phone number. Since I never completed the activation process, I don't have the necessary account number to port number back to original carrier.  

Please help.

@Caroline_D

@Cherine7

@Mary_M

@Saray_O

@Shazia_K

@Amanda_C

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It wasn't my situation or issue.  Looks like the original poster in that thread ended up starting a plan with PM, but the point is, the mods were able to retrieve their phone number.  Perhaps they can retrieve yours, even if you don't want to go with PM in the end.

rinkoedo

Thank you for the tip on tagging.

Based on your thread, you were able to recover your number and plan restored at the previous provider? Did you find out why your number was ported?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to tag at least one of the forum moderators.  More info here on how to contact moderators:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

There is currently a long wait time for a response due to the recent promotion, as much as 10-12 days, but things have been slowly improving, so hang in there.

Your situation is similar to the one here, so there is hope:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/WHAT-IS-THIS-BS/m-p/118096#M37271

Need Help? Let's chat.