cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorised Change to My Account

ChristopherM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

One of the 2 numbers on my account has suddenly disappeared from the Account Profile, and no Auto Pay was processed for that number today. Is there a Customer Service agent who can tell me what happened, and who can fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

ChristopherM

So this was solved by PM Support on Monday afternoon.

We were unable to resolve how I previously made changes to both numbers from the single account, so we went directly to activating a dedicated account for the affected number, making the payment manually, and within minutes ... "opera was back in town".

I appreciate the several attempts to assist me on this.

Not entirely sure I'm following, @ChristopherM 

SO... you have two (2) separate mobile numbers with public mobile.  Each is in use in 2 different devices.

And you're suggesting that you have been able to view the accounts for BOTH of these separate numbers on one login in self serve under one e-mail address?    While that would be an interesting option that many have asked for, I don't think it's in the cards at this tier of service.

Please do let us know what customer support says; we'd love to learn from your experience here.

ChristopherM

The secondary number is a change I made earlier this evening while trying to tackle the issue. I'm usually good at keeping a record of emails and passwords, but I only ever used the one login.

ChristopherM

You may be correct about not remembering the second email. I will certainly rely on PM Support's help on this one.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ChristopherM 

Under your My Profile section in self-serve, there is a field which contains a secondary number for contact purposes.

This number is separate from your cell number.   Is THIS where you 'saw' a second number?

Your login credentials may have been substantially the same for both accounts and you can use the same password for both logins, however, each account (SIM / cell number), will have separate self-serve accounts with a different e-mail address.   (as others before have also clarified)

@ChristopherM wrote:

I have always had just the one log-in/account with the 2 numbers under PM. Auto Pay routinely occurred without any issues until today.

@ChristopherM   Sorry to tell you.  PM always go with One Account for one number.  You for sure just never aware of it when things going right (Autopay with no issue)

I have a feeling you never create another account for your second line.   While you are waiting for PM support's reply, why not try to register your 2nd number to see if it goes through.  Even it does not, it just mean your 2nd account was registered with another email you never aware of   🙂

ChristopherM

I don't recall creating a separate account for that number, and the Payments occurred without issue for years.

ChristopherM

I have always had just the one log-in/account with the 2 numbers under PM. Auto Pay routinely occurred without any issues until today.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ChristopherM  - what does it say when you call 611 from the Public Mobile device, or 1-855-478-2542 from a landline or another number to check this account?

If it was supposed to be renewed today, it has likely went into suspended status.

You may wish to top up that account with vouchers or recharge.com to get services going.

See here for more details: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/voucher-payment-options

Or, wait until CSA can set up a unique account for that phone number...

do you know if an account was ever created, by the way?

If not, you can register for one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

ChristopherM

Thanks for the response. I have submitted a ticket as directed, and I look forward to getting the problem resolved.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ChristopherM 

You can’t have 2 numbers on 1 account. Only 1 number/account on PM as noted by @softech .

Contact a CS_Agent by private messaging or Chat on this page with the phone number you think that was compromised.

Ate you sure your accounts are under PM and not Koodo or Telus which can have multiple lines?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ChristopherM wrote:

One of the 2 numbers on my account has suddenly disappeared from the Account Profile, 

@ChristopherM   One My Account for one number.  If you have 2 numbers, you need to create 2 My Accounts with different email addresses.  This is always how PM works.  Do you have 2 My Accounts?

For that one that Autopay failed, you need to find out how to access the My Account for that one and make a manual payment to reactivate the service. 

or if you never have an My Account setup for the 2nd account, you can try to set it up now here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/  

If you need to contact PM Support and get that sorted out, here are the method to open ticket with them:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Need Help? Let's chat.