cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use mobile data

drdas0303
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 250MB of data, however I am unable to use it even though Mobile data is ON. Please have a look at this data issue. My account is Active and Incoming/Outgoing phone call is working well.

17 REPLIES 17

ccarr1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ccarr1963

I personally have not had it happen but I'm thinking that it must be an account issue as many things in the phone have been tried in order to rectify it. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drdas0303 

What did customer support fix?

ccarr1963

Sounds like you might need to have customer service reset something. 

@darlicious wrote:

@hycm53 

That's the first I've heard of that....but that's not surprising as my computer game is weak. Was your Asus running 8.1?

Yes, I think so. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hycm53 

That's the first I've heard of that....but that's not surprising as my computer game is weak. Was your Asus running 8.1?

@darlicious wrote:

@drdas0303 

I strongly suspect this is an APN issue if you have been unable to use your mobile data.  Can you send/recieve MMS?

If you have an iPhone you will need to connect to wifi or iTunes and check for software updates and then update the carrier profile.

If you an Android phone you will need to edit the APN. There are a few slightly different APN'S that can be used for public mobile. If your edit settings are greyed out you may need to upgrade your OS to be able to edit the APN. If you are unable to upgrade your OS then there are other options to get the correct APN on your phone....

Try adding the following APN and then tap SAVE. 

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

I used have a Asus phone that can't edit APN or create APN and the phone didn't match PM APN settings. So I googled find a software that can create APN and I installed at phone. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@drdas0303 

I strongly suspect this is an APN issue if you have been unable to use your mobile data.  Can you send/recieve MMS?

If you have an iPhone you will need to connect to wifi or iTunes and check for software updates and then update the carrier profile.

If you an Android phone you will need to edit the APN. There are a few slightly different APN'S that can be used for public mobile. If your edit settings are greyed out you may need to upgrade your OS to be able to edit the APN. If you are unable to upgrade your OS then there are other options to get the correct APN on your phone....

Try adding the following APN and then tap SAVE. 

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Does the status of your 250mb in My Account, look like this?

450F9A00-B149-4BA8-AD47-4AFB5182809C.jpeg

@hycm53 

Wwwwwhhaatt? My roaming has been off for the last 3 years and data works.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Check on your account is you still have all 250MB. Maybe you used them all already. If you keep Data on apps might take advantage of open Internet door and use all your data.

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Click on little spinner refresh icons lower down. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

@drdas0303  , and it works before? it worked  last month? 

are you using android or iPhone?

@hycm53- Interesting guess. But not if they're on the $15 plan and in Canada. But we'll see what they say.

Adding - @drdas0303 - that was after clicking on the little refresh icons underneath? And did it ever work? If not then yes check out the APN suggestions mentioned. Do you have an iphone or an Android?

And was that roaming 250mb or the $15 plan and you're in Canada?

drdas0303
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It shows 0 MB used.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@drdas0303 wrote:

I have 250MB of data, however I am unable to use it even though Mobile data is ON. Please have a look at this data issue. My account is Active and Incoming/Outgoing phone call is working well.

Did you turn on roaming? If not you need turn it on. 

Check your phone APN setting:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @drdas0303 it worked before or it never work?

you can check the APN settings first 

or an easier way is to select Reset All Network on your phone   but this will reset your WiFi and you need to join the WiFi back

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did it ever work here? Maybe you used it all. Can you log in to your account? After clicking on the little spinner refresh icons lower down, does it show a red bar and all used for your data?

Need Help? Let's chat.