cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Data

ajithpl313
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently unable to use data on my mobile since yesterday. My current usage for the period ending Nov 30 shows its only 795.52 MB used out of 1024MB. In fact I received a text message yesterday morning that I have consumed 100% of the data for the period. Anyone know what could be the issue?

12 REPLIES 12

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Listen to the text. You've used all your data. It shows incorrectly when you login because PM's website is crap and shows cached info. Use Incognito Mode for an accurate view of your remaining data. 

HI @ajithpl313   it is true there is a delay with data showing up on Data usage page.  usually 12 hours.  

But usually the add-on usage showing on the front page is accurate with very little delay

So, you did use up your data.  You can buy $15 for 1GB data addon, or you can open ticket with PM CS agent to have an early plan renewal.  You can also make a immediate plan change yourself, without the help of CS agent, but you need to change to a plan different from what you have now

ajithpl313

Thanks...the data usage now magically tuned to 1024/ 1024 used when I checked now! probably it took the portal over 24 hrs to update it.

HI @ajithpl313 

i think it is time to open ticket with CS agent and have them confirm

To open ticket, at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ajithpl313

Yes, I tried from private browsing mode form my mobile as well as laptop..still showing same data usage of 795MB yesterday and today.

ajithpl313

I was checking it yesterday and today and the data usage remained the same at 795 MB.

@ajithpl313 wrote:

The usage is all within limits. Public mobile send me a text message that I have used 100% data and it stopped working afterwards but my account shows I have used only 75% data.

HI @ajithpl313   but did you use clear cache and restart browser to check?

or use Incognito mode

If you don't check it that way, you might not get the right usage

ajithpl313

The usage is all within limits. Public mobile send me a text message that I have used 100% data and it stopped working afterwards but my account shows I have used only 75% data.

ajithpl313

No such data limit set. But was wondering why Public mobile send me a text message that I have used 100% data and it stopped working afterwards.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ajithpl313 

Could also be possible that you have a data limit set on your device. 

Check under your devices cellular/ data settings for data limit options.

Rando

Might also be best to check your data settings to see what app had used the data to identify any background data usage, turn off data for that app.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20221105-074125.png

Need Help? Let's chat.