cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update an expired credit card

Houshang1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It has been two months since I have been trying to update a credit card expiry date, but the system says:

Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later.

5 REPLIES 5

@Houshang1 

Here is some more troubleshooting advice:

If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

I would suggest

Wait at least 24 hours in between attempts. Try a different device.  Clear web browser cache or incognito mode.  Login into account. Follow up instructions above. 

Houshang1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I paid last month by buying a voucher from Public Mobile, and fortunately, my service is not interrupted at the moment. But becomes frustrating every month trying hours and hours updating the credit card and finally paying by voucher $14 to have $10 in funds!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Houshang1 

did you try using both browser and app?  Try both again.  With browser, try it on a desktop or laptop and use Private/Incognito/secret mode on the borwser.  When you try using app, uninstall first and reinstall

if same,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I know this is no-fault of yours but it is important that the account does not  exceed 90 days of non payments.  Doing so risks the account be lost, meaning you will lose your phone number.  

What are you doing for a phone? Do you currently have service? 

@Houshang1 wrote:

It has been two months since I have been trying to update a credit card expiry date, but the system says:

Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later.

This has been a long standing issue that unfrotunatley hasn't be fixed.  The only thing that I can suggest is to purcahse a voucher from some retail stores that cary them or to buy one online from a online retailer such as Recharge or Muskbird.   I remember several years ago and example in which Bell Mobility was having difficulties issung invoices. Their policy back then was that no services would be cut off and there would be no late charges until the issue was fixed.  I believe that it might be time for Public Mobile to consider something such as that until these payment and Self Serve issues are corrected.

Need Help? Let's chat.