cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive any text message

GiaTr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I got a message from Public mobile after activating my number, it said having trouble transfering my number. Then I have not received any phone call or unable to receive sms from anyone. I can still call but no one can reach me.

Please help me out. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

GiaTr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Thank you for all your help. My phone already worked now.

Neil11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had similar issue when I first transferred my number over. Restarting my phone fixed the issue. Otherwise use link below to submit a ticket. CS agents are very helpful and fairly quick. Enter "submit ticket" in chat start process.  click on the chatbot in the bottom right of your phone or screen.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GiaTr , if you had issues transferring your number, your incoming calls and text are going to the old provider.  Check whether the old service is running still.  In any event, call the porting team from the number in the link below.  They will help with completing the number transfer.  

https://community.koodomobile.com/tips-tricks-troubleshooting-232914/phone-number-transfer-error-781...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GiaTr from the message you got, the port was not completed and hence you are not receiving calls and text

And did you provide the IMEI initially?? it is much safer to provide the account number instead.

There is a number to call to talk to live support and update them the info, they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Did you activate your service through the public mobile app? Are you using sim card or esim? Is card do you have another phone you can test the card in? 

Try reboot phone if that doesn't work click on the chatbot in the bottom right of your phone or screen and follow the prompts to open a ticket or for troubleshooting. 

Need Help? Let's chat.