cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive SMS

ean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi...I need help receiving messages from my US Bank. I am unable to receive messages from the bank. What could the problem be? Please assist

5 REPLIES 5

ean

The bank is unable to help. How do I proceed now?

ean

Thanks but I haven't ported. I just signed unto the service. Now I am unable to update my contact as I do not receive the confirmation codes.

ean

This was helpful but did not solve my issue. I will follow up with the bank to check if they offer other 2FA methods. 

I appreciate your feedback. Now I understand the challenge as the bank finally requested I get in touch with the phone company.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ean @If you just ported your number over to PM and it’s hasn’t been more then 7 days . It can take up to a week for other institutions to know you actually changed carriers and should start to come through after that . It a safety feature to prevent sim fraud 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ean 

please note that international shortcode text, like 2FA text from US banks, are not guaranteed., it is a hit or miss. Regular international text are ok but not shortcodes.  It might work on some providers sometime and experience show it will broke sometime 

only Canadian shortcode text found here are guaranteed 
https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/

So, it is better to check with your bank and see if you can receive the 2FA using other ways, email or authenticator app

Also, if your just ported in your number, regular Canadian shortcode text might delay 3 to 7days.   Some banks  put the delay on purpose in case of sim fraud

Need Help? Let's chat.