cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get the verification code to my email or SMS

Daiheadjai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a notification from my credit card company of a small charge from Public Mobile, which didn't match my monthly amount. 

My account had been SIM-jacked before so I wanted to login and check.

Now I've never had an issue getting SMS codes sent to me, but today neither SMS or email are working.

Any known issues that might causing this? Want to check before I start panicking. 

I did test call and my phone still has connectivity to the network (which differs from when I got SIM jacked). Last time, I think it was related to the Public Mobile hack from awhile back - and I'd changed my password and gotten 2FA so I'd hoped this wouldn't be an issue again. 

Hoping it's not the same thing... 

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7

Daiheadjai

Ultimately, I tried to go through the CS route - but before that, tried to use my laptop to login - Lo and behold, it worked - I could generate the verification email and get it.

Also rebooted my phone - and now that works as well.

Whew. Cancel the alert - gotta say getting SIM jacked last time made me quite paranoid!

Daiheadjai

I just tried to email via my laptop and it worked (previously had been on my phone). Weird that it wasn't working though - I'll try to reboot my phone. 

@Daiheadjai  2FA via SMS usually work unless your service is suspended

if you have active service now, reboot your phone once to confirm you still have the service working, just in case.

Daiheadjai

Yup - trying to get into the account but I can't get past 2FA... Neither my email nor SMS are receiving the code. 

Daiheadjai

Thanks - I sent a message to CS already... Also noticed afterwards that a few people have had this issue... Hoping it isn't anything more than a glitch 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Daiheadjai - the best way to check if you have been simjacked is to compare the SIM card number under you Profile section in your My Account to the actual SIM card in your phone.

If the numbers are the same, you were not simjacked.

So check My Account first.

Did you do a chargeback with your card company about this charge? If so, you may run into an issue. So you should contact CSA to investigate this charge.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

What does your payment history say in you My Account? Does the charge you see on your card show up?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Daiheadjai   you cannot receive the 2FA code now on SMS or email?

Just in case, reboot the phone and see if the PM sim still works

And  open ticket with PM support to sort out the login issue

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.