cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change credit card for autopay

mynewhome
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone else experiencing this issue? When I attempt to assign a different card I receive a "declined" message. When I remove existing card and try to add a new one same result.

Card provider says they have authorized each  of my several attempts.

10 REPLIES 10

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Be sure there isn’t a hidden “space” before any of the information youre inputting. And don’t use autofill. 

Hope you get it figured out 

@mynewhome use all capital letters. copy the details in your online bank account or a paper bill

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mynewhome  While getting this sorted, try out Fongo, or TextNow, as backup for free calling/texting using wifi. 

Hi @mynewhome 

Try this, don't skip a step:

• Wait a minimum of one full hour.
  • Clear your cache and cookies.
  • Open incognito tab.
  • Try entering credit card payment information again

mynewhome

this sure is fun! lemme cancel my appointments for the rest of the day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. Ain't technology grand. Make sure to match the address you enter to the billing address of the card. Either no space in the postal code or drop the last digit.

But as mentioned, to get your services going sooner, buy a voucher online or in many stores and then figure out why the card isn't working after your services are working again.

mynewhome

all good suggestions but still not working.

Very frustrating, never had any problems paying for services in the past!

mynewhome

still doesnt take..I have done this in the past succesfully

@mynewhome 

The payment system is finicky.  Follow the recommendations as stated above.

The address needs to exactly match the credit card billing address.  Give some time in between attempts.  

If your account is inactive and you need service right away, sometimes buying a payment voucher either in store or online (recharge.ocm - service fee applies) would start your account immediately.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Try using a different browser and incognito.

Also try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.